Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
All-purpose Thunderstorm Discussion Thread II

CT Rain

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, weatherwiz said:

We'll just have to see...mesos don't seem to like it but the ingredients will certainly be there.  If we can keep MLcape values high with increasing shear and weak height falls I can't see how we don't get something 

I'm not sold this event is over. We just spent the afternoon explaining how bad modeling is with these events. If those storms can continue to travel NE western portions of SNE could see nightime action. It's probably over for anywhere that didn't get sun. Like here 

Just now, sbos_wx said:

I'm not sold this event is over. We just spent the afternoon explaining how bad modeling is with these events. If those storms can continue to travel NE western portions of SNE could see nightime action. It's probably over for anywhere that didn't get sun. Like here 

Well since this is becoming more nocturnal-like with timing degree of sun isn't extremely important.  Increasing low-level moisture and theta-e will yield instability.  I do suppose though that sun would help in that it would yield larger mixed layer cape values and ifnwe didn't see a quick drop off in temps after sunset or towards it we could maintain high mixed later cape 

15 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

We'll just have to see...mesos don't seem to like it but the ingredients will certainly be there.  If we can keep MLcape values high with increasing shear and weak height falls I can't see how we don't get something 

if i were you ...i'd do something else and perhaps be pleasantly surprised.   

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Capped all day lol ask PFabout that 

I'm not sure what you're confused about but Ryan, Legro..Scooter all mentioned how we were capped during the day Saturday and that's why updrafts couldn't sustain themselves. We need the S/w and that came in at night. It's all in the thread. Go take a look

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I'm not sure what you're confused about but Ryan, Legro..Scooter all mentioned how we were capped during the day Saturday and that's why updrafts couldn't sustain themselves. We need the S/w and that came in at night. It's all in the thread. Go take a look

lol wut

35 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

ok 

powderfreak   

• powderfreak
  • 33,839 posts

Some house shaking cracks of thunder and lightning and torrential rain in North Woodstock, CT a mile or two south of the Mass border.

Archived