Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2016-17 Discussion

Hoosier

6 hours ago, Hoosier said:

I don't think it works that way but I have read that the seasonal models try to account for climate change (have to say I'm not sure about CanSIPS).  The temperature output on this run seems a bit suspect given the 500 mb map.  If that 500 mb map is right, you'd expect the opposite with warmest departures in the southern US.

The CFS defaults to above normal after 3 months out. Feb 2015 was shown as above normal around Nov 2014.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jonger said:

The CFS defaults to above normal after 3 months out. Feb 2015 was shown as above normal around Nov 2014.

That would matter if Hoosier was talking about 3 months out, he is talking the month beforehand and specifically the last week beforehand...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2016 at 3:33 PM, Jebman said:

This will be a mega winter long remembered in the Midwest and in New England.

Throughout the winter, which will last well into the late spring, jebwalks will be characterized by crippling cold and ridiculous amounts of snow accumulation. The Midwest in particular will be battered into submission by epic Siberian airmass after epic Siberian airmass. The Northeast will get smashed by a few of the Midwestern airmasses. By late July 2017, the record books for the Midwest and Northeast will need to be completely rewritten, in terms of crazy frigid temperatures and in terms of unbelievably deep snowpack, some of which will persist into meteorological summer. I am not referring to the mountains, either.

By mid January of the New Year, many in the Midwest and in the typical lake effect communities will be crying for the Jebman to come and dig them out, and many will be crying for Spring. Snowblowers will break down, and snow removal equipment will simply get bogged down in the incredibly deep, 1978-like snowpacks. This winter in the Midwest WILL BE FAR WORSE THAN 1978, due to climate change perturbations and because of such frigid airmasses interacting with milder air farther south.

If you live in these places, you might want to think about moving to Virginia for the next 9 months.

IT'S GOING TO BE BAD.

failure like this /\...and...he calls himself JeBman

coincidence???

On February 4, 2017 at 3:05 PM, cyclone77 said:

Well....................................sheeeeeeeeeit.

I ain't saying anything in next season's thread lol.

1 minute ago, Powerball said:

To be fair, he was kind of right for *parts* of New England (although most of it was confined to 2 weeks in February)...:lol:

On February 4, 2017 at 3:45 PM, Hoosier said:

That's alright... 0.1% still meant there's a chance.  You'd only bust if you said 0% ;)

8 minutes ago, Jebman said:

I was extremely wrong, and I admit it.

Can I have my crow hot and well seasoned? Please?

Lol...this last page is funny! So true too!

Jeb, you wouldn't like the crow. It is overboiled and soggy from all the warm rains of this winter. Perhaps you could try a magnolia and daffodil salad, as I have seen man posts of blooming gardens around the nation.

• 2 months later...

Winter is finally over in the UP, I think!?  :P 

Obviously this past winter the Keweenaw was the big winner in the UP (no doubt in my mind there was 300" somewhere up there).  Decembers persistent west wind Lake effect really delivered there.  I received 214" here at my house through the season, which is just about 2' below normal.  With the 2 massive thaws, it sure didn't feel like a normal winter.  I'm the black dot  there in the Huron's.  Ready for a nice, albeit short UP summer and then bring on Winter '17-'18!!!  The UP is  overdue for a snowy one!

Interestingly, at 154" MQT was 50" below normal.  West wind LE is a down sloping wind for Negaunee.

18557010_1679082962121588_7998635958510788406_n.png.92fb6873ecf7585786c5033d4e4248f5.png

Archived