• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upcoming Northeast gulf or SE States low pressure system

janetjanet998

To sum up heavy rains form here on out...will this future system stay over water and become tropical?

regardless heavy rains for the SE states

MOB discussion

AN INTERESTING PATTERN STILL   LOOKS SET TO EVOLVE OVER THE AREA AS THE WEAK SHORTWAVE TROF COMBINES   ANOTHER UPPER LEVEL SHORTWAVE IN THE EASTERLIES TO FORM AN UPPER LOW   OVER THE NORTHEAST GULF EARLY NEXT WEEK. A SURFACE LOW IS ALSO   EXPECTED TO DEVELOP EARLY NEXT WEEK OVER THE EXTREME NORTHEAST GULF   OR EXTREME SOUTHEAST STATES IN ASSOCIATION WITH THIS FEATURE. THE   UPPER LOW LOOKS TO BREAK DOWN TUESDAY INTO WEDNESDAY ALONG WITH THE   SURFACE LOW AS DEEP LAYER RIDGING BUILDS OVER THE GULF. THE EVOLVING   SURFACE/UPPER LOW PATTERN SHOULD SUPPORT INCREASING RAIN CHANCES   THROUGH THE FIRST HALF OF THE LONG TERM PERIOD, AFTER WHICH THIS   BECOMES MORE UNCERTAIN GIVEN THE LATEST GUIDANCE. HAVE OPTED FOR NOW TO   CONTINUE THE PREVIOUS PACKAGE POPS THROUGH THE PERIOD WITH GOOD   CHANCE POPS THROUGH MONDAY AND GOOD CHANCE/LIKELY POPS IN FOR TUESDAY   AND WEDNESDAY. THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR THIS SYSTEM TO PRODUCE VERY   HEAVY RAINS, AND WHILE CURRENT INDICATIONS ARE THAT THIS WILL BE   CENTERED OVER THE NORTHEASTERN GULF, THE COASTAL COUNTIES OF THE   FORECAST AREA COULD BE IMPACTED BY A HEAVY RAINFALL EVENT EARLY NEXT   WEEK.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jshetley said:

I'm hoping we get this pattern. You may not believe it, but much of the southeast is in a drought and could use all of this rain and maybe more.

I'm surprised you and more so people in Georgia are not discussing what the EURO/UKMET are showing. It brings it inland a depression/storm well into Alabama then into TN/KY. Those are two models you want to see agree. It's kinda odd the Farmers Almanac called for this may impact my move in to Boone if we see it trend.

3 minutes ago, NWNC2015 said:

I'm surprised you and more so people in Georgia are not discussing what the EURO/UKMET are showing. It brings it inland a depression/storm well into Alabama then into TN/KY. Those are two models you want to see agree. It's kinda odd the Farmers Almanac called for this may impact my move in to Boone if we see it trend.

That would be too far west to do my area much good. We need that to track about 150 miles farther east.

10 hours ago, jshetley said:

I'm hoping we get this pattern. You may not believe it, but much of the southeast is in a drought and could use all of this rain and maybe more.

The drought here is severe.  I have gone fishing the last couple of weeks to see ponds and lakes 5-7 feet below normal.  We need the rain badly in west Georgia.  I'm excited at some possibilities!

1 hour ago, LithiaWx said:

The drought here is severe.  I have gone fishing the last couple of weeks to see ponds and lakes 5-7 feet below normal.  We need the rain badly in west Georgia.  I'm excited at some possibilities!

I don't see it happening. By early next week we'll be looking at 95-100 degree weather settling back in with little to no rain in sight. Our best chance this month has passed without me seeing 1 single drop.

National Hurricane Center now starting to mention it. I believe the UKMET brings a major hurricane into FL/AL (worst case scenario). The EURO shifted more east for those wanting rain but forms it overland FL so weaker...south GA and west GA are now in the favorable right quadrant of the system.

A trough of low pressure is expected to form over the northeastern
Gulf of Mexico late in the weekend or early next week. Some
subsequent development of this system is possible as it remains
nearly stationary.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent

p168i.gif?1470395795

The SREF plumes have a max of 6.0" at Tampa in the next 84 hours, so I suppose that is an indicator of what may happen over some parts of Florida. The WPC 3-day QPF is as high at 9.77" north of Tampa and 2.65" north of Charlotte NC. Well, I hope none of you gets flooded out or anything.

Regardless of development, a significant rainfall event is about to occur over FL and portions of the SE.

Euro develops a TS overland lol. Something similar to Erin 2007 or Allison 2001 where they look like hurricanes overland. Brown ocean effect from all the rainfall the model is spitting out?

There may be a tight swirl due south of of southern most tip of the panhandle 30-50 miles????

..you can see this on the visible satellite if you put it in motion around 21-23z before the cirrus from the NW covers it.

23z HRRR seems to pick up on this and develops it

edit: its showing up on the SPC meso page at 500, 700 and even some at 850mb at 0z

Should have an invest by tomorrow the way they keep increasing the odds; will be interesting to see the tropical models run. Map below shows winds at 5k ft.

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 PM EDT FRI AUG 5 2016

* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent

$$
Forecaster Stewart

Gulf%20Coast%20Low_zpsbzlagxlo.png

There may be a tight swirl due south of of southern most tip of the panhandle 30-50 miles????

..you can see this on the visible satellite if you put it in motion around 21-23z before the cirrus from the NW covers it.

23z HRRR seems to pick up on this and develops it

edit: its showing up on the SPC meso page at 500, 700 and even some at 850mb at 0z

It's been visible on the KTLH radar for most of the day when the storms are around. Tucked over the gulf in the big bend area. MOB has another good write up about it in their afternoon LT disco.

LONG TERM /Tuesday Through Friday/...A nearly stationary and

complex low pressure system, surface and aloft meanders over the

southeast US. Attendant surface trof is forecast to be draped from

the Carolinas southwest thru GA to the southeast LA coast thru the

long term period. A deeply moist, tropical airmass will be in place

with pwats looking to average between 2.25 and 2.5 inches thru the

upcoming week. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) continues to

outlook the northeast Gulf with a low (20% chance of tropical cyclone

formation). Regardless of development, considering that the large

synoptic scale low pressure system will be a slow mover and

interacting with very deep atmospheric profiles, forecasters are

becoming increasing concerned about excessive rains and flooding.

Latest gridded forecasts of event total rains ending on Fri August

12th, suggest that the highest amounts, upwards of 5 to 10 inches of

rain, is possible along and southeast of I-65 and closer to the

coast. Could see areas along the coastal counties seeing rain gauges

filling up to around 15 inches. These amounts will likely result in

flooding problems and rapid response with river stages on the

increase. Stay tuned. /10

The new "second area" in the Atlantic could have some influence in this event. The CMC develops a hurricane there and takes a left turn...ultimately flooding everywhere from Florida to North Carolina. Regardless of that bullish solution, something the coastal areas may wanna watch for some enhanced moisture and rip currents.

two_atl_5d0.png

A weak surface low has formed over  Apalachee Bay..some banding on radar...and it looks like a "center" on radar too just offshore..

wind shear looks 10-15 kts out of the north

REA FORECAST DISCUSSION   NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL   1125 AM EDT SAT AUG 6 2016       NEAR TERM [THROUGH TODAY]     14 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS SHOWS A WEAK AREA OF LOW PRESSURE OUT IN   APALACHEE BAY, WITH WIDESPREAD CONVECTION OCCURRING ON THE SOUTH   AND SOUTHEASTERN SIDES OF THE LOW ACROSS OUR MARINE AREA AND   EXTENDING INTO DIXIE COUNTY

A weak surface low has formed over  Apalachee Bay..some banding on radar...and it looks like a "center" on radar too just offshore..

wind shear looks 10-15 kts out of the north

REA FORECAST DISCUSSION   NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL   1125 AM EDT SAT AUG 6 2016       NEAR TERM [THROUGH TODAY]     14 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS SHOWS A WEAK AREA OF LOW PRESSURE OUT IN   APALACHEE BAY, WITH WIDESPREAD CONVECTION OCCURRING ON THE SOUTH   AND SOUTHEASTERN SIDES OF THE LOW ACROSS OUR MARINE AREA AND   EXTENDING INTO DIXIE COUNTY

It's beginning to look like only some pockets in SC and NC get much rain and all of it from tomorrow into Tues. The big mass of rain next weekend will be from western GA back across AL and north from there. Basically no drought relief in the Carolinas or GA through at least the next 2 weeks. i'm not looking for a single drop here indefinitely.

Archived