• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NW_of_GYX
    Newest Member
    NW_of_GYX
H2O

Aug Banter Thread

Confirmed full year of ACL.  Other structural damage too, but they expect a full recovery.  Could have been worse I guess.  Still, a lost season with an 11 win team on the rise sucks.

6 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Teddy Bridgewater goes down and my football season is ruined before it even starts.  :weep:

Welcome to the club.  That's a tough break.  At least you didn't lose your top two QBs, though..

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Confirmed full year of ACL.  Other structural damage too, but they expect a full recovery.  Could have been worse I guess.  Still, a lost season with an 11 win team on the rise sucks.

Dont worry. Geno Smith to the rescue!!! Haha. (Not funny)

10 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

non contact too.  something is up with these catastrophic injuries players have on and off the field wrt knees/Achilles/etc.  Trying to do too much with joints not meant to be torqued the way they are

Hate to be a hard ass  before winter weenie season starts but seriously contemplating dumping any and all posts from people outside out forum unless it is a good map or something.

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

I can't root for the GFS with my niece's wedding on Sunday.

Same. Wife and I mow her dad's lawn in Williamsburg once a month while he's in Iraq (deployed as a contractor) and it's already been a months worth of growth and this upcoming weekend is the only weekend we can mow for the next 2 weekends. If only Hermine showed up on Monday here instead of Sunday.

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Hate to be a hard ass  before winter weenie season starts but seriously contemplating dumping any and all posts from people outside out forum unless it is a good map or something.

If impact becomes pretty much a lock and imminent then definitely. Weenieism is a backyard sport. 

8 hours ago, H2O said:

non contact too.  something is up with these catastrophic injuries players have on and off the field wrt knees/Achilles/etc.  Trying to do too much with joints not meant to be torqued the way they are

Agreed.  Something is going on in the training/strength side of sports that's lending a hand to this.  I don't know what it is, but it needs to be looked at.  Something is out of balance.

He was just dropping straight back is what I heard.  

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Can I post a Euro image from WxBell?

:P 

if you want. ;)

Just now, MiddleRvrwx said:

That's asking a lot. :P:hug:

right? I mean, there were three of us giving Euro information. go read the thread

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Lol. 

1 hour ago, cmasty1978 said:

Lol. 

yeah, you're right.  I should just let NJwx85 post a lot.  always a blessing to get his input

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

yeah, you're right.  I should just let NJwx85 post a lot.  always a blessing to get his input

Yeah he sucks for sure. But I am not sure what y'all want. The mid Atlantic posters have been hosting a general tropics discussion and aren't really using the new subforum. Doing so is going to attract outside posters. You really should be doing more to encourage people to post in the appropriate forum. This is nobody's fault but yalls. 

Jmho

21 minutes ago, cmasty1978 said:

Yeah he sucks for sure. But I am not sure what y'all want. The mid Atlantic posters have been hosting a general tropics discussion and aren't really using the new subforum. Doing so is going to attract outside posters. You really should be doing more to encourage people to post in the appropriate forum. This is nobody's fault but yalls. 

Jmho

Nah, we only care about our yards. If this thing had no chance at hitting our yards there would be 1/10th the posts in our thread. 

Meh. Not my job to play crossing guard to people who should know better than to jump in on a disco out of their climo.  I only said for people that don't add anything too.

As as far as posting in the new thread, I like ours better. I talk with my fellow MAers all year long  why change?

I dunno. Maybe because wow asked us to centralize discussion? I read the sticky. Others didn't apparently. 

Here, let me get a new spoon and pot for you. Think yours is rusty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Nah, we only care about our yards. If this thing had no chance at hitting our yards there would be 1/10th the posts in our thread. 

Yeah we only care about our backyard, but we start tracking it the moment it emerges from africa. Once it's done, then we stop posting, but we do post about it before there is any indication it could be ours as well.

1 hour ago, cmasty1978 said:

It's not stirring.

I am just outlining the case for why you people are what's wrong with amwx  

Perhaps it's the suggestion that all of us come together and post as one weenified group, that is wrong.