Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Aug Banter Thread

H2O

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Can someone please lock the first Tropical thread?

For some reason, I'm irrationally annoyed by people still posting in it!

I can't seem to lock it with the new board software.  i pinned the new one to keep it at the top.  All i can do with limited mod skillz

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Need some help from either someone with intimate knowledge of the climate throughout Garrett Co. and/or a source where I can find detailed records from stations around the county.  I'm looking at possible relocation sites and don't want to make the same mistake I made when moving to Stephens City.  I know precip / snow varies greatly by location there, so I'm trying to find the spots to avoid.  Wxunderground doesn't give snow totals and there are limited stations around there to begin with.  If anyone can provide assistance I'd greatly appreciate it.

Stay away from the Potomac River in the south/southeast part.  It's low elevation and relatively warm and that probably takes a big hit on snowfall totals.  I couldn't believe the temperature differences when I was near that river in the late spring, much warmer.

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Yes.  Apparently a very serious injury, too, not just your typical ACL.  An ambulance was immediately called, which isn't at all typical.

Dislocated knee was the emergency call, but you have to think it involved a lot of shredded knee to get that kind of response.  They may not know the full extent until surgery.  

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Confirmed full year of ACL.  Other structural damage too, but they expect a full recovery.  Could have been worse I guess.  Still, a lost season with an 11 win team on the rise sucks.

Dont worry. Geno Smith to the rescue!!! Haha. (Not funny)

10 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Confirmed full year of ACL.  Other structural damage too, but they expect a full recovery.  Could have been worse I guess.  Still, a lost season with an 11 win team on the rise sucks.

non contact too.  something is up with these catastrophic injuries players have on and off the field wrt knees/Achilles/etc.  Trying to do too much with joints not meant to be torqued the way they are

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

I can't root for the GFS with my niece's wedding on Sunday.

Same. Wife and I mow her dad's lawn in Williamsburg once a month while he's in Iraq (deployed as a contractor) and it's already been a months worth of growth and this upcoming weekend is the only weekend we can mow for the next 2 weekends. If only Hermine showed up on Monday here instead of Sunday.

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Hate to be a hard ass  before winter weenie season starts but seriously contemplating dumping any and all posts from people outside out forum unless it is a good map or something.

If impact becomes pretty much a lock and imminent then definitely. Weenieism is a backyard sport. 

8 hours ago, H2O said:

non contact too.  something is up with these catastrophic injuries players have on and off the field wrt knees/Achilles/etc.  Trying to do too much with joints not meant to be torqued the way they are

Agreed.  Something is going on in the training/strength side of sports that's lending a hand to this.  I don't know what it is, but it needs to be looked at.  Something is out of balance.

He was just dropping straight back is what I heard.  

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

yeah, you're right.  I should just let NJwx85 post a lot.  always a blessing to get his input

Yeah he sucks for sure. But I am not sure what y'all want. The mid Atlantic posters have been hosting a general tropics discussion and aren't really using the new subforum. Doing so is going to attract outside posters. You really should be doing more to encourage people to post in the appropriate forum. This is nobody's fault but yalls. 

Jmho

21 minutes ago, cmasty1978 said:

Yeah he sucks for sure. But I am not sure what y'all want. The mid Atlantic posters have been hosting a general tropics discussion and aren't really using the new subforum. Doing so is going to attract outside posters. You really should be doing more to encourage people to post in the appropriate forum. This is nobody's fault but yalls. 

Jmho

Nah, we only care about our yards. If this thing had no chance at hitting our yards there would be 1/10th the posts in our thread. 

Meh. Not my job to play crossing guard to people who should know better than to jump in on a disco out of their climo.  I only said for people that don't add anything too.

As as far as posting in the new thread, I like ours better. I talk with my fellow MAers all year long  why change?

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived