Newest Member
    joxey
Aug OBS / Discuss

EastCoast NPZ

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

DCA still flirting with 100, so the record is not out of danger yet.

5 min ob showed DCA hit it.  LWX confirmed it in NWS Chat.  Unless you think they spike and break the record they just set. IAD just set a record too.  BWI probably won't make it :(9  Shame would've been nice to get a trifecta.

Just had a pretty good Tstorm, dropped temp from high of 90.6 down to current 78.5. Power was knocked out twice for a few seconds each time. Had a 27 mph gust with a good bit of T & L. Almost 0.30 in 8 minutes in gauge. Hottest I observed was the 90.6 with a DP of 72.4, HI 98.

Just looked, the 90.6 is not close to the record of 95 set in 1999.

2 minutes ago, Inverted_Trough said:

Was hoping to see more ASOS reports of 100+ along the DC-NYC today.  Most places made it to 98 or 99.  The two places that reached/broke 100 are the two usual suspects (DCA, Leesburg).  The heat wasn't nothing extraordinary, but the humidity was very impressive.

Yea this heat has been a bummer so far, it's "hot" but nothing "ZOMG HOT".  95/96 and the conditions right around the 2012 Derecho were worse, IMO.

I wasn't all that impressed until about 2pm. I wish I had a weather station with me while I was driving all over the Eastern Shore. I few low spots near backwaters and cornfields felt like 100/80. It almost felt as bad as the day of the derecho. I was in Landover that day. I think it made it to 104 or 105. That was the worse I've felt in this area. 115 in Vagas felt about the same, though. 

It's a jungle out there.

2 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Yea this heat has been a bummer so far, it's "hot" but nothing "ZOMG HOT".  95/96 and the conditions right around the 2012 Derecho were worse, IMO.

I went back and looked at 1995 and wasn't that impressed.  No 100 days and we'll top the number of 95+ days this year.  2010-2012 were otherworldly, but this one is moving on up the list.

At least we move closer to normal through this week and may even have acceptable dews by thurs-fri. Yesterday was rough. I had one small outdoor project and it was nothing short of torture. 

Pretty much unanimous ens and op agreement with the first continental airmass hitting early to mid next week. Probably not a hit and run. Upper level pattern would support reinforcing shots. Hopefully the northern tier crew gets some lows in the 50s. 

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived