joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Aug OBS / Discuss

EastCoast NPZ

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stood outside on the deck a little after midnight, crisp clear skies, saw a half dozen meteors in 10 minutes.  Woke up a few hours later, went out briefly and caught 2 more.  I don't know if last night was unusually heavy but it seems like it was to me.  I normally miss them altogether.   Obligatory weather report, hot and humid, washed my SUV early this morning before the sun got down on it.   Felt pretty good then but very humid.

even though it's been a hot summer, i still prefer this over winter now.  i used to be all about the snow to the point that i could deal with cold for a few months, but let's face it, the last 3 years were flukey.  most winters we're happy with 2-3 decent events.  it's barely worth it.  also, all the tracking of winter events is kind of exhausting.  in the summer, i don't need to track events because there is so much else to do.  winters can be so drab i think that's part of the reason winter storms draw people in.  it's something to look forward to aside from short, cold days.  that said, i'm not a fan of global warming so i'm willing to deal with winter because it completes the cycle of seasons, but i definitely enjoy march through november more...minus the snowstorms...which, for many winters here, can be few and far between.

but yea...it's gonna be gross out today and tomorrow. lol

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived