SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August OBS '16 S/E Edition

NWNC2015

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storms all around but not 1 drop here. Storms that were headed my way just fell apart in the last 30 minutes. Meanwhile places 5-10 miles away have gotten 3-5 inches of rain to my nothing. Brad Panovich said on facebook that things even out, but he could not be more wrong. It never evens out here.

This isn't really an observation, but since we don;t have a short-range thread I thought I'd mention this here. 

There is an interesting divergence in the WRAL forecast compared to the NWS.  In both a write-up and video Mike Maze has stated that he expects the higher rain chances to be concentrated to the south and west of the triangle. 

On the other hand in 3:25 pm RAH short term forecast the NWS has this to say: "Unlike the past couple of days where the bulk of the showers and storms have been to the south and west of Raleigh, the veering of the low level flow to a south-southwest direction should result in an increase in convective coverage across the northern coastal plain and northeast Piedmont."

1 hour ago, jshetley said:

Nothing here and nothing on radar anywhere in upstate SC . I just love how our 70% chance of rain is working out today. LOL

Wish I could send you this line of storms...if they bring wind going to be plenty of power outages for the northern foothills with a soaked ground. My swimming pool is about to collapse I can't take another drop.

31 minutes ago, Avdave said:

Another hot day and humidity was a plenty out there. Hopefully the cloud cover later tomorrow with a good shot of some more rain and storm over the next 2-3 days for the Triangle.

Heading up to the Boone area tomorrow thru Tuesday and am planning on taking my son to Tweetsie for the first time.  But it looks like it might be a total washout. :(

1 hour ago, Cold Rain said:

Heading up to the Boone area tomorrow thru Tuesday and am planning on taking my son to Tweetsie for the first time.  But it looks like it might be a total washout. :(

Yeah it doesnt look so great. Hopefully you get some breaks and it wont be a total washout. I was going to take my pup to Blowing Rock tomorrow but the wx looks bleak. Ill wait for better wx.  Good luck with the rain and hope you get a ride on the Tweetsie CR

9 minutes ago, Avdave said:

Yeah it doesnt look so great. Hopefully you get some breaks and it wont be a total washout. I was going to take my pup to Blowing Rock tomorrow but the wx looks bleak. Ill wait for better wx.  Good luck with the rain and hope you get a ride on the Tweetsie CR

Thanks man.  Maybe we'll get a few hours on Monday or Tuesday.

11 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

9th-13th is move in day at App going to be hectic on 421 from Wilkesboro on up if its anything like last year! Worse is usually Saturday tho I have seen it backed up for miles.

Archived