SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August OBS '16 S/E Edition

NWNC2015

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like my area might be setting up for a training storm event today as well, I know that the raindrops are HUGE and it easy to see why there is such a threat of localized flooding today in areas that do get these training storms that are gonna be very efficient rainmakers.....PWATS for NC on the whole are scary and it unusual to see such a huge area of 2" plus PWATS across most of the SE.....

pwtr.gif

34 minutes ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

Ground stop at @CLTAirport  Heavy rain &  #flooding risk to continue thru the day #CLTStorm http://twitter.com/JohnAhrensWSOC9/status/762357291693772800/photo/1

You can see the log jam that created here .......that cluster over the Triad and over Asheville.....circling waiting their turns

https://www.flightradar24.com/35.22,-77.04/7

That was an intense storm here wow. It sounded like a couple thousand bomb went off next door with the thunder a few times. Knocked off our cable, wifi and home phone. Rainfall was intense though.  Kudos to NWS in Raleigh for hoisting the flash flood warnings here.  Picked up 1.68" in about 45 mins or so according to my cocorahs gauge.  clearing out now and some sun starting to poke through. Maybe destabilize the atmosphere some and those storms to the west will march Eastward here

2 hours ago, downeastnc said:

Radar makes it pretty obvious where the front stalled out at lol.....its basically right down the middle of the state....

Man it moved past Wilson without giving us a drop.  Unless something moves towards the north we are going to miss out completely.  Quite a bummer.  It's been this way for MBY for most of the last month.  Things keep coming close but not quite hitting.

1 minute ago, cbmclean said:

Man it moved past Wilson without giving us a drop.  Unless something moves towards the north we are going to miss out completely.  Quite a bummer.  It's been this way for MBY for most of the last month.  Things keep coming close but not quite hitting.

We are on the front end of a multi day event with a ample supply of of moisture, most everyone will see 1-3" of rain by the end of this week....that area in the Bahamas also needs to be watched its gonna head towards the SE and it may be able to get far enough west to come ashore before getting turned out NE in 7-10 days....

Just now, downeastnc said:

We are on the front end of a multi day event with a ample supply of of moisture, most everyone will see 1-3" of rain by the end of this week....that area in the Bahamas also needs to be watched its gonna head towards the SE and it may be able to get far enough west to come ashore before getting turned out NE in 7-10 days....

Yeah I know, but sometimes I use the board to blow off a little frustration when a nice healthy cell brushes by or a day with high promise doesn't pan out.  Hopefully I don;t post enough debbie downer messages to be too annoying.

Yeah I know, but sometimes I use the board to blow off a little frustration when a nice healthy cell brushes by or a day with high promise doesn't pan out.  Hopefully I don;t post enough debbie downer messages to be too annoying.

Nope, you're good.

Others, however...

0.38 inch so far today IMBY.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Great looking sky with the storm to my east getting lit up by the sun....any of you guys west of me should have a great view as well...also really amazed by how blue the sky is right now, looks like a October sky not a Aug sky. It might have to do with the crazy orange glow we got here from the storm just east of here getting hit with low angle sunlight. 

5 hours ago, Avdave said:

That was an intense storm here wow. It sounded like a couple thousand bomb went off next door with the thunder a few times. Knocked off our cable, wifi and home phone. Rainfall was intense though.  Kudos to NWS in Raleigh for hoisting the flash flood warnings here.  Picked up 1.68" in about 45 mins or so according to my cocorahs gauge.  clearing out now and some sun starting to poke through. Maybe destabilize the atmosphere some and those storms to the west will march Eastward here

Hate I missed that.  We got up here to the mountains around 2:00 and decided to do Tweetsie today.  We got there literally after it just stopped raining, and it didn't rain at al the rest of the day!

2 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Hate I missed that.  We got up here to the mountains around 2:00 and decided to do Tweetsie today.  We got there literally after it just stopped raining, and it didn't rain at al the rest of the day!

Glad you guys got to ride the railroad at least. That was the main thing you mentioned.  Had a bit of more light rain this evening with .03" falling.  Looks like 1.71" for the day here  enjoy your next few days up there.  I can't wait to get up there soon

Nam showing some extremely impressive precipitable water values over the next 2 or 3 days area wide but....highlighted by some truly impressive of near   3 inch values that initially start off shore but move inland  across al/ms by wed. Even the gfs is showing values near 2.6 to 2.7 inches there. The 06z nam even showed a temporary pocket of 2.6 inch values even moving into north ga tuesday afternoon/evening.  Gonna be some mighty efficient rain makers in this airmass.

NAMUS_prec_pwat_063.png

49 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Getting hammered in Pitt CO, easily a few inches in places and still back building...........HRRR says the central part of central and eastern NC are in trouble the next 3-5 hrs......

This shows why the HRRR has it so bad here the next few hrs

pwtr.gif

A very nice downpour here in Wilson.  I am happy for a nice hit after a month of near misses, grazings and crumbs

Archived