Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August OBS '16 S/E Edition

NWNC2015

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, J.C. said:

.5 inches of rain here since early June.  The same places get the rain, everything is dead but the trees, those are next.

Ain't that the truth.  Certain areas of Lexington and most others in the Central Midlands haven't had it nearly as bad as my yard.  It really feels like all the storms dissipate or split around this area over the last few years.  That storm that just rolled through barely gave my yard any relief.  Seemed like it weakened over the house and formed to the North and South before filling back in on the way to Columbia proper.

10 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Ain't that the truth.  Certain areas of Lexington and most others in the Central Midlands haven't had it nearly as bad as my yard.  It really feels like all the storms dissipate or split around this area over the last few years.  That storm that just rolled through barely gave my yard any relief.  Seemed like it weakened over the house and formed to the North and South before filling back in on the way to Columbia proper.

I got a whole quarter inch, I'm baffled. Now its just sitting over Columbia.  Unreal.

23 minutes ago, Avdave said:

:lol:  Like I said it is like the movie Groundhog Dog, i didnt check on your last time so why would I check on you this time :guitar:

Don't you remember?  He had to keep repeating the day until he got things right and helped all those people. 

Well GSP broke it's 90 degree streak of 15 days today with a chilly high of 89. CAE broke it's 100 degree streak of 6 days with a 97. CAE is currently on a 90 degree steak of 43 days and counting! Looks like it could continue at least for the next 2 weeks. CAE has now recorded 21 days of 100 plus thus far. I think someone (Buckeye?) stated the record is 23 days? 

CLT reached 95, so their 90 degree streak now stands at 16. 

Lots of thunder/lightning now west of Elkin. If some of the short term hi res models end up correct, northern foothills will see multiple storms today with spots seeing 3-6". 

WPC has issued a marginal risk for flash flooding for my area.

...AND ALSO WHERE THE ENHANCED
FORCING OVERLAPS WITH HIGHER TERRAIN IN THE AREA BORDERING
SOUTHERN TENNESSEE AND OVER THROUGH THE SOUTHERN APPALACHIANS.
THERE ARE SOME INDICATIONS THAT LONGER DURATION MODERATE RAINFALL
COULD PERSIST IN THE EASTERN UPSLOPE AREAS OF THE APPALACHIANS
OVERNIGHT.

0.67" in 20 minutes at KBCB.

KBCB 022115Z AUTO 22005KT 1/2SM +RA BKN013 BKN025 OVC034 23/21 A3012 RMK AO2 P0067 T02270207 TSNO

EDIT: 1" in 40 minutes. Not bad.

KBCB 022135Z AUTO 19005KT 1 3/4SM +RA SCT016 BKN027 OVC049 23/21 A3012 RMK AO2 P0101 T02250210 TSNO

Just like the last few times storms were strong and having high tops and then as soon as they reach the end of 540 at 55, they fall apart to a drizzle or gentle light rain for a short period of time. Kind of neat but sucks for me and my new plants I put in the ground.

so far .01" has fallen here

2 hours ago, Avdave said:

Just like the last few times storms were strong and having high tops and then as soon as they reach the end of 540 at 55, they fall apart to a drizzle or gentle light rain for a short period of time. Kind of neat but sucks for me and my new plants I put in the ground.

so far .01" has fallen here

I got another .3" . After the 2.5" two days ago, I can hear my grass growing.

Archived