Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Sweet '16 Mid-Long Range Discussion

NWNC2015

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Nothing exciting on the EURO unless you like cold-warm-rain-cold...I can feel December fading away.

That's life in the southeast. Gotta love it. On a positive note, it's looking pretty good for our friends in the Ohio Valley and Northeast. I'm hearing word of a possible triple phaser ?  Fun times ahead ! 

2 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

When did JShetley move to Virginia?

No shetley here, because I acknowledged the rain we're definitely getting. (And the cold) 

One good thing about this pattern is that the southeast drought will likely be busted by the end of the month. Keep it coming.

Just can't get the cold and the liquid at the same time.

1 minute ago, mrdaddyman said:

Arctic outbreaks of cold air don't really get me too excited anyway. Maybe I'm wrong but they don't seem to do us much good as far as snow is concerned. All they end up doing is pushing any LP that tries to come close to us to Cuba.

The ingredient we are usually lacking in the SE for a winter storm, is cold air. So give me lots of cold availability in Canada and North of us and I'll take my chances! Can't have a winter storm without cold air!

9 minutes ago, TiltedStorm said:

what is the slosh theory?

It's his weird way of saying when all the cold is on one side of the earth and it's really warm on the other side 

( us for most of the fall) the cold has to " slosh" over here sooner or later! 

Hes been honking his bathtub theory since November, he may finally be right

8 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

It's his weird way of saying when all the cold is on one side of the earth and it's really warm on the other side 

( us for most of the fall) the cold has to " slosh" over here sooner or later! 

Hes been honking his bathtub theory since November, he may finally be right

Yep, better than how I explained it..

1 hour ago, Poimen said:

The good news is the GFS and EC are pointing toward a possible +PNA/-AO developing by day 10. Perhaps things will align just right for Santa to bring us a special wintry present this Christmas. 

00z Euro as you've pointed out first one to show a -AO/-NAO/+PNA/-EPO showing up around the ~18th time frame, GFS a little late after the 20-22nd...we'll see.

13 minutes ago, LithiaWx said:

Is the slosh theory found in any peer reviewed literature or is this just a JB thing?

Actually the bathtub theorem applies to economics. I learned about it in Macroeconomics. It's said that the national income of any given country or economy is like the line of water in a bathtub. The water level rises with an inflow of production and creativity and the drops with consumption. Changes in national income are also explained by the growth of exports which leads to an inflow of money and growth in imports which in turn leads to an outflow of money. The national income therefore is a function of exports, imports,, production, and consumption with each part specifically contributing to the rise and fall of the bathtub, i.e., the economy. Never heard it explained for weather.

Archived