Newest Member
    joxey
Possible Drenching Rain/ T-storm Event 7/29

dmillz25

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, nyblizz44 said:

At the very least this is an exciting event and brings us all together again, many for the first time in weeks (points finger to mirror)

Meh. More like a headache trying to drive into work tomorrow morning. An exciting event would be this slug of moisture in the heart of winter with temps in the 20's.

6 minutes ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

Meh. More like a headache trying to drive into work tomorrow morning. An exciting event would be this slug of moisture in the heart of winter with temps in the 20's.

That's fair but I see glass half full we could be as little as 13 weeks away from our 1st snow (rare but has happened)

31 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Based on the HRRR I think the heaviest axis is near Rt 80 and over by 7AM.

looks like it.   And if so, the Euro will have been way overdone with the big rains generally speaking.  (had a wide swath of 3-4 inches from ABE to eastern LI)

3 minutes ago, Morris said:

0z 12km NAM cut way back on the precipitation overall. Only an inch for the metro.

whenever I see the RGEM with a vastly different solution 12-18 hrs out, I know we're in trouble.   At least we'll get a good drink, but the big totals 2-4 inches seem to be off the table.

I'm actually in Wildwood Crest right now, and areas not far north of here got some very heavy rain.  After a half hour or so of rain where I am, the skies cleared a bit and we were able to watch tons of lightning over the ocean which was amazing.

S NJ looks to do best in the area based on radar and fresh model runs.... even latest HRRR not looking great.     Flash flooding wouldn't be great for morning commute but hopefully NYC gets a decent watering (.75-1" ?). 

Archived