Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

14 hours ago, Animal said:

Good day weather fans,

Maxed out at a high of 71.1 F

Low tonight is going to be near 50F.

Got hammered yesterday with rain. 0.77 inches.

Not sure what all the "LOL" is about. Maybe my interior winter comment. summer is over! Yea, it will be warm during the next 3-4 weeks.

30-45 days frost will possible. 

Thinking of spending some money of weather models this year. Any input of what is decent and quick.

Cheers.

I was laughing at the interior winter comment , 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Yup all snow below and mix to rain above.  Then it gets cold and ices over.

It just better snow over 60 inches at my house, or I will be one pissed off grumpy guy. This needs to be the year of the 30+ inch dump in my area.

Still up in the air if I stay around the area for most of the winter. Been up in Maine the past few days, just killing it with the locals.

Made the trip to Eastport, ME to do some fishing earlier the week with a friend of a friend.. Different country imop. 

Talk and learning about the local history and the great storms of/and N'Easters make me jealous from the local history buffs in the area.

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

Yeah I was up on the ME coast for two days this summer, first time I'd been up there in over 20 years.  I love it up there and could definitely picture spending more (a lot of) time up there. 

Coastal NH is expensive and a different crowd.

Wife & I purchased  a cottage in Boothbay, ME recently.. All you need is located Brunswick, a quick hop away.

17 hours ago, gravitylover said:

So a few drops, can't even call it a drizzle, is all we're going to get out of this frontal passage huh?  Getting dusty in the woods, soil moisture is way down again.

I had .05 in the bucket this morning, if I'm lucky I may have doubled that after I left the house...

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

I was worried there for a moment... it briefly looked like we might have actually had some halfway interesting weather in the pipeline. Thankfully, the latest model runs show us safely out of Hermine's reach this weekend. That was a close one! Three more months of sunny and +4F, comin' right up.

Yea was almost worried we might actually get some significant weather or even substantial rain but keep those outdoor plans as fully expecting sunshine and a light refreshing breeze this weekend.  Above normal temps and drier than normal for the foreseeable future.

On 9/1/2016 at 0:00 PM, IrishRob17 said:

I had .05 in the bucket this morning, if I'm lucky I may have doubled that after I left the house...

We ended up getting a fair bit of rain actually.  After it looked like the whole thing had pulled out, boom there it was.  

Well, my forecast is for 2 1/2 days of possible ts type weather.  Looks like a pretty good slug of moisture might just make its way up here with Hermine.  

Looking at some of the guidance last night re Hermine was reminiscent of almost every coastal we've had since 2014....20" sniffing the south jersey coast and zero from sussex/orange counties and points nw. 

Interesting to see if the streak breaks between late Sept and late October., and what it means for the winter ahead.   

Data sets regarding n/w snowfall during Niña years after niños aren't prolific. 

I know it rained the other day because I saw it but apparently the forest didn't get the memo. It's not just dry and dusty, the trails are getting sandy and when you step off the leaves are crunchy. Dry, crackly branches are down everywhere, the undergrowth is wilting and there's just about no more standing water.  Fire danger is way up...

8 hours ago, gravitylover said:

I know it rained the other day because I saw it but apparently the forest didn't get the memo. It's not just dry and dusty, the trails are getting sandy and when you step off the leaves are crunchy. Dry, crackly branches are down everywhere, the undergrowth is wilting and there's just about no more standing water.  Fire danger is way up...

Last 60 days..

60dPDeptNRCC.png

16 hours ago, gravitylover said:

No mosquitos to speak of here when it should be unbearable around sunset..that's a really good drought indicator. 

21 hours ago, snywx said:

Last 60 days..

60dPDeptNRCC.png

This seems to go against the reality that we're seeing.  The west side of the river is showing significantly above avg and where I am is a little less but still above.  Is the long term below to significantly below?  Just east of here dries out a lot and that can be seen when you drive through, leaves are falling and rivers/creeks/lakes are way down.  There are areas in MA and NH where they are so dry brush fires happen frequently and there are serious water restrictions.

Archived