Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good day weather fans,

Maxed out at a high of 71.1 F

Low tonight is going to be near 50F.

Got hammered yesterday with rain. 0.77 inches.

Not sure what all the "LOL" is about. Maybe my interior winter comment. summer is over! Yea, it will be warm during the next 3-4 weeks.

30-45 days frost will possible. 

Thinking of spending some money of weather models this year. Any input of what is decent and quick.

Cheers.

3 hours ago, snywx said:

For the month so far..

Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 2.19.32 PM.png

I'm surprised my area of Morris, near the northern border by Passaic, is in the negative.  Must only be a very small deficit, since we've been getting hit hard quite often.  Then again, some of the heaviest rains have been localized to the town and maybe some surrounding areas close by, so it could just be a map error.

41 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

I'm surprised my area of Morris, near the northern border by Passaic, is in the negative.  Must only be a very small deficit, since we've been getting hit hard quite often.  Then again, some of the heaviest rains have been localized to the town and maybe some surrounding areas close by, so it could just be a map error.

Not sure what is normal in town, but it has been below normal for rain. July was decent for rain and August my "gutt" tells me is about normal.

I am still looking of a severe t-storm. High winds, tree blown down etc. Hail or rain over 1.25 inches.

16 minutes ago, Animal said:

Not sure what is normal in town, but it has been below normal for rain. July was decent for rain and August my "gutt" tells me is about normal.

I am still looking of a severe t-storm. High winds, tree blown down etc. Hail or rain over 1.25 inches.

I'm not too sure what the normal is in my town is either.  I think rgwp96 recorded about 4.50" of rain so far.  The trees, weeds and grass are so lush, way greener than this time last year.  I think August 2014 was pretty green and it had lots of cool nights as well.  Lot of mornings in the 50s that year.

today is very similar to the first warm temps of winter. Weenie's be tossing up ideas how snow is around the corner, except they are buying clothes for winter. it's dark now around 8 PM.

Halloween stores are here, candy is in the stores. talk of winter on the news.

Anyone in denial , just live with it.

Summer is over.... I will mis summer 

Archived