Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JerseyWx said:

So far a lot of stuff is holding on, but I still think this will put a dent in it.  My dogwoods are getting stripped bare, but the leaves dried out very early on in September.

It was just a quick drop after peak this year thanks to the drought around here and that was before the rain this morning.  

10 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

It was just a quick drop after peak this year thanks to the drought around here and that was before the rain this morning.  

Yeah, that's the problem with drought foliage.  Like others have said, you get good color, but it's gone just like that.

1 hour ago, snywx said:

41° w/ lgt rain here..

0.71" so far

38.9F on the ridge line.

Storm total -0.62

Raw/cold day - dogs did not want to go out much.

Today - 0.51 - found a small leaf in my davis this am. don't feel it impacted it much.

Last night - 0.11

**Yard is a disaster. 2-4 inches of leaf is spots. lmao. Need it to dry out and will blow it out.

1 hour ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

GFS backed off totals a tad, in line with euro for a general 2-3" front end, for most north of 84, dusting to 2" around the 84 area, 4-6" higher elevations in Sullivan etc

Thicknesses strike me as too high for any real accumulations (except far to the north and at high elevations)... strong WAA into a marginally cold October airmass just doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. I'm not sure what's up with the Tidbits and Wxbell snow maps, but they seem a little outlandish given the progged temps and QPF. Best-case scenario imby is probably a few minutes of slushy car tops, but even that's optimistic IMO.

11 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Thicknesses strike me as too high for any real accumulations (except far to the north and at high elevations)... strong WAA into a marginally cold October airmass just doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. I'm not sure what's up with the Tidbits and Wxbell snow maps, but they seem a little outlandish given the progged temps and QPF. Best-case scenario imby is probably a few minutes of slushy car tops, but even that's optimistic IMO.

Agreed, I'm banking on white rain IMBY

5 minutes ago, snywx said:

Elevation is gonna be key to see any accumulation. Areas just to my west on the Shawangunk Ridge 1000'+ prob will see 1-3". I do think its safe to say most in our area will see the first flakes of the season early thursday morning

Elevation is at 125' IMBY.  Don't expect anything here but PL. If I get a mix, I will take it.

On 10/22/2016 at 8:30 AM, IrishRob17 said:

It's a regular problem for me and I obviously can't spray the Davis with bug spray.  I have sprayed the pole though and wrapped duck tape around the pole , sticky side out, but if it worked it was only short term. 

Checked mine today. No webs here. Guess I'm lucky.

Archived