Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the heat wave will end tomorrow after 8 days, making it the longest stretch of consecutive 90F+ days since 2002 at KPOU. Barring any major changes to the forecast, July will end up with 15 days above 90F, not far from the record of 17. The month should end somewhere around +3.5F, which sounds modest on its face, but is good enough for the third-warmest July on record.

33 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Its been such a long boring stretch of weather for us around here

These 24-hour (and even shorter) model busts have seamlessly carried over from last winter. At this point, it's not even just a matter of weenie indignation... my pool, well, yard, etc. are in bad shape. 2" or 3" would have done wonders.

2 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

These 24-hour (and even shorter) model busts have seamlessly carried over from last winter. At this point, it's not even just a matter of weenie indignation... my pool, well, yard, etc. are in bad shape. 2" or 3" would have done wonders.

I did benefit from a little over 1" earlier this week but not as much as I would've liked as a good amount of that washed away on the rock hard ground as it came down in buckets.  Its better than nothing though for sure.  

6 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I did benefit from a little over 1" earlier this week but not as much as I would've liked as a good amount of that washed away on the rock hard ground as it came down in buckets.  Its better than nothing though for sure.  

Some storms in the area just north of me now that fired up.

Hoping it can make it to my area to cool it down some. Very humid today.

On 7/28/2016 at 3:18 PM, Juliancolton said:

Looks like the heat wave will end tomorrow after 8 days, making it the longest stretch of consecutive 90F+ days since 2002 at KPOU. Barring any major changes to the forecast, July will end up with 15 days above 90F, not far from the record of 17. The month should end somewhere around +3.5F, which sounds modest on its face, but is good enough for the third-warmest July on record.

And major changes there were. Now 9 days, tied for second-longest heat wave at Poughkeepsie.

I know a lot of you folks missed out yesterday. However, from a line just east of Scranton Pa, through my area of the Poconos and on into extreme nw NJ, got creamed. Slow moving t-storms stalled over my area for about 2 hrs, heaviest was maybe a 10 to 15 mile wide band. Very localized as areas just south or north got virtually nothing. I recorded 3.25" of rain, all within 2 hrs, and 4.75" for a 5 day total including Monday's rain. A nice drought buster in my area at least. Now Binghamton Nws is forecasting another couple inches starting tomorrow night into early next week. When it rains it pours,  what a 180. Hope you guys get in on it, from dry as a bone to flood concerns.

Next round of rain has gotten off to one heck of a start once again here. Binghamton NWS has issued a flash flood advisory for us here in the northern Poconos. I've now received 1.30" inches of rain since it started at 3:30 pm this evening and it continues to pour.  A grand total of 6.05" since Monday. 1.5" Monday, 3.25" Thursday night, and now this evenings 1.30".  Went from bone dry 1-2 months, to a week long deluge. Vast majority of models printed out a good 2.0 to 2.5+ here going into early this upcoming week, so we shall see. I hope you guys benefit from this rain as well.

48 minutes ago, NepaJames8602 said:

Next round of rain has gotten off to one heck of a start once again here. Binghamton NWS has issued a flash flood advisory for us here in the northern Poconos. I've now received 1.30" inches of rain since it started at 3:30 pm this evening and it continues to pour.  A grand total of 6.05" since Monday. 1.5" Monday, 3.25" Thursday night, and now this evenings 1.30".  Went from bone dry 1-2 months, to a week long deluge. Vast majority of models printed out a good 2.0 to 2.5+ here going into early this upcoming week, so we shall see. I hope you guys benefit from this rain as well.

Not sure what is occurring with Mt Holly NWS for my county recently, but the forecast as of this morning was calling for a mostly cloudy day with a slight chance of showers.Rainfall was forecast to be 0.1 or less. It has been raining most for the day. The other day they issued a  flood watch for my county and we got  0.27 inches of rain at my house.

They have updated the forecast for rain now in the afternoon update.

rain so far today is at 0.57 inches. 

Archived