Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

No doubt cold will be hard to find and we are looking at a milder finish to December but if we want to use weenie terms, last December was a freaking torch, my lowest low was 41 in that stretch.    

2015 Dec Torch.JPG

I agee, no other word can be used to describe last December lol.

I gotta be honest though, riding our mt bikes at night on Christmas eve in shorts and short sleeves was a pleasure that I don't expect to ever repeat.  I wouldn't complain if we got one day like that every December just so I could do that again (and again.)  On Christmas day we went hiking and the next few days we were out playing tennis outdoors.  I don't want to move south, in fact I want to move way further north but, it sure would be nice to be able to do that more often.

2 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I gotta be honest though, riding our mt bikes at night on Christmas eve in shorts and short sleeves was a pleasure that I don't expect to ever repeat.  I wouldn't complain if we got one day like that every December just so I could do that again (and again.)  On Christmas day we went hiking and the next few days we were out playing tennis outdoors.  I don't want to move south, in fact I want to move way further north but, it sure would be nice to be able to do that more often.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're insane.

6 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Good grief  

21 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Verbal warning. Next one and you cant post in winter anymore. ;)

3 hours ago, gravitylover said:

:banned:

2 hours ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Thought this was pretty cool, sorry for screenshot but couldn't find a link it's was FB

Yeah, I always find that stuff interesting as well. Here's an interesting article from the NYT about the disputed origins of the stone chambers, and another one that looks at a couple of the sites (including the chamber from your screenshot) from a more fanciful perspective. Both pretty good reads if you have the time.

On 12/20/2016 at 4:05 PM, IrishRob17 said:

I was down in Warwick for a meeting today, bare ground down there for the most part.  The solid snow cover line is currently in between Goshen and Chester here in the OC. 

I still have solid snow cover here  , most yards do but some of course are patchy in spots . Wonder if it holds until xmas 

Archived