Newest Member
    Dano62
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, snywx said:

How about if we mention the snowicane? Does that sting too lol :)

Hah, that storm was so incredible that I don't even really mind that I rained. I'd gladly make the same sacrifice to watch a storm like that transpire every once in a while.

Not nearly as despicable IMO as the cut-and-dry fringe jobs like early Feb '10/Feb '13/Jan '15/Jan '16

12 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Hah, that storm was so incredible that I don't even really mind that I rained. I'd gladly make the same sacrifice to watch a storm like that transpire every once in a while.

Not nearly as despicable IMO as the cut-and-dry fringe jobs like early Feb '10/Feb '13/Jan '15/Jan '16

I finished with 28" here. My folks over in Highland Mills had 36". That event came in with a solid foot already on the ground too! Snow pack fetish was in full effect that month

11 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Jan 15 will forever go down as the most prolific bust in MY weather hobby career... idc what happens in the future nothing will compare to Expecting 18+ on ALL guidance... I didn't even see a flurry, was living in New Windsor at the time...

#fail

I think I'm going to be sick... :lol:

22 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Jan 15 will forever go down as the most prolific bust in MY weather hobby career... idc what happens in the future nothing will compare to Expecting 18+ on ALL guidance... I didn't even see a flurry, was living in New Windsor at the time...

#fail

IMG_0759.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

IMG_0761.JPG

Great storm on the island. Mid afternoon frontogensis band setup right over the middle of the island. Then the sweet ccb rolled in late night.

So i had to take a quick drive to Pine Bush today around 2pm and decided ahh wth ill drive an extra 10 mins and take a weenie drive up to Cragsmoor perched up on the Shawangunk Ridge. Man oh man its deep winter up there. Drove on Sams Point Rd up to about 2100' and roughly 6" throughout the area. That drive on 52 always a nice one. Im sure most of you guys already know but man what a weenie spot Cragsmoor is lol.  

2 minutes ago, snywx said:

So i had to take a quick drive to Pine Bush today around 2pm and decided ahh wth ill drive an extra 10 mins and take a weenie drive up to Cragsmoor perched up on the Shawangunk Ridge. Man oh man its deep winter up there. Drove on Sams Point Rd up to about 2100' and roughly 6" throughout the area. That drive on 52 always a nice one. Im sure most of you guys already know but man what a weenie spot Cragsmoor is lol.  

I havent been up there in forever. Maybe ill take a drive when out w kids looking at xmas lights lol

32 minutes ago, snywx said:

I know a guy who lived in Cragsmoor years ago, he alsqaus jad goid snow stories. My boss now lives in Walker Valley, not far from there, another good spot. 

12 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I know a guy who lived in Cragsmoor years ago, he alsqaus jad goid snow stories. My boss now lives in Walker Valley, not far from there, another good spot. 

I saw alot of land up there for sale too.. Prob can grab a 5 acre lot for cheap. Man its sooo tempting! lol. My wife would stab me. Its pretty much in a climate of its own. Down at around 350' in Pine Bush temp was 41°, once up there at 2100' temp was 32° and everything was covered in white gold. They prob avg around 75" or so

Archived