SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley part II - second half 2016

xram

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a loop yesterday from home up the HV and Taconics then across to Pittsfield and down Rt7 and Rt 22.  Dry doesn't even begin to describe it. Trees are changing everywhere, leaves are falling, creeks are dry, corn is brown, assorted other crops are wilting and brown/dead.  The only areas that appear healthy are marshes and areas around reservoirs or artificially watered parts of farms and lawns and some north facing aspects that have held their moisture better but wind exposed faces are dry too.  We need a tropical storm (or three.) 

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

I did a loop yesterday from home up the HV and Taconics then across to Pittsfield and down Rt7 and Rt 22.  Dry doesn't even begin to describe it. Trees are changing everywhere, leaves are falling, creeks are dry, corn is brown, assorted other crops are wilting and brown/dead.  The only areas that appear healthy are marshes and areas around reservoirs or artificially watered parts of farms and lawns and some north facing aspects that have held their moisture better but wind exposed faces are dry too.  We need a tropical storm (or three.) 

That's one hell of a bike ride....

:P

Oh, and 48 did it for the low again this morning IMBY with 46 the lowest of the season thus far, maybe I clip that tomorrow morning.

^^ Haha :(

WU station closest to me has .32" for the day, seems about right.  It was steady for a few hours so maybe it soaked in a bit rather than just all running off like the last few.  I did notice over the last few days that the big reservoirs around here have really taken a hit and are quite low.  

alright, make your calls for winter.

Summer wast a bust again. Not one severe t-storm or rain event. WTF

My call on my street.

Snow - 60 inches. One event in October, November. A modest large storm around x mas.  normal snows remainder of the year. Max event 9.6  to 13.5 inches.

Cold temps - max low at my home - negative 7 below in February.

Hope, I get the magical 3 ft'r in January.

1 hour ago, Animal said:

alright, make your calls for winter.

Summer wast a bust again. Not one severe t-storm or rain event. WTF

My call on my street.

Snow - 60 inches. One event in October, November. A modest large storm around x mas.  normal snows remainder of the year. Max event 9.6  to 13.5 inches.

Cold temps - max low at my home - negative 7 below in February.

Hope, I get the magical 3 ft'r in January.

We would take that and run.

Archived