Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread Part 2

Rjay

8 hours ago, doncat said:

Don't recall seeing one of our favorite tv mets mentioned here much this winter but here is Nick's forecast:

nick.thumb.jpg.ea35c323eb63667076a835cf30a7e787.jpg

I'm on the eastern edge of the 9-14 right there ;-) Ch 7 ABC has a similar 10-14" with me also on the eastern edge of the highest totals.

1 hour ago, doncat said:

He also overplayed the warm ground, colder surfaces only angle...as did others.

Yes so many were laughing that the city would never get anywhere near their forecast numbers for that reason. Areas that underperformed got skunked more than anything, not because of temps. Unless we're going to start adding astericks to measurements that a foot is only a foot if it a foot accumulates on the pavement 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Amy Freeze said the city would get 1-3 inch total snowfall at her 8:20 am update this morning.

Central Park reported 4.8 inches at 8am this morning. Sometimes they are so clueless you just shake your head.

She’s a bumbling moron. And I hate talking that negatively about somone. But she’s really that bad. Lee is the best in the business and Jeff smith is also top notch. Bill Evans is meh in my opinion. He’s got a good screen presence for the general public. Amy has none of the other three’s qualities which makes me really wonder how she’s lasted so long. 

• Like 4

On 4/2/2018 at 8:13 PM, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

She’s a bumbling moron. And I hate talking that negatively about somone. But she’s really that bad. Lee is the best in the business and Jeff smith is also top notch. Bill Evans is meh in my opinion. He’s got a good screen presence for the general public. Amy has none of the other three’s qualities which makes me really wonder how she’s lasted so long. 

..agree  WABC7 has the 2 best OMC's..Jeff Smith/Lee Goldberg..and 1 of the worst in A. F.

speaking of Lee..he spoke of an "abrupt pattern change to much warmer weather after April 12-13".:D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tim said:

..agree  WABC7 has the 2 best OMC's..Jeff Smith/Lee Goldberg..and 1 of the worst in A. F.

speaking of Lee..he spoke of an "abrupt pattern change to much warmer weather after April 12-13".:D

Yeah after 2-4 or 3-6 inches of snow all day Saturday and another possible snow event Tuesday-Wednesday! :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tim said:

That big change in the pattern has been showing up on the ensembles for several days now. IMO, it's real. Whether or not it holds or is temporarily reversed as April concludes remains to be seen.

3 hours ago, donsutherland1 said:

That big change in the pattern has been showing up on the ensembles for several days now. IMO, it's real. Whether or not it holds or is temporarily reversed as April concludes remains to be seen.

Don even with the April we have going even if we have a temporary reversal at the end of the month it would be hard to believe that we'd get any more snow (measurable or otherwise) or even freezing temps near the end of the month.

18 hours ago, Paragon said:

Don even with the April we have going even if we have a temporary reversal at the end of the month it would be hard to believe that we'd get any more snow (measurable or otherwise) or even freezing temps near the end of the month.

I agree. The odds would be very much against snowfall, much less any accumulation.

On 4/6/2018 at 6:29 AM, donsutherland1 said:

I agree. The odds would be very much against snowfall, much less any accumulation.

Even with the cool down coming for next week, I think we might be done with freezing temps. This morning might have been our last freeze here.

10 hours ago, Paragon said:

Even with the cool down coming for next week, I think we might be done with freezing temps. This morning might have been our last freeze here.

I would not rule out areas that radiate better. The City and adjacent suburbs have be likely had their last freeze of the season.

• 1 month later...

Larry Cosgrove has an interesting weekly newsletter yesterday. In his medium range outlook (days 4-10) he stated that areas from ND/MI/IL and through PA/NJ/DE/MD could be in line for potential MCS/Derecho development. He also mentioned this in his extended range (days 11-15) outlook as well. He mentioned we could be in the "Ring of Fire" which would obviously increase the potential for MCS/Derecho's moving through our region.

2 hours ago, Rtd208 said:

Larry Cosgrove has an interesting weekly newsletter yesterday. In his medium range outlook (days 4-10) he stated that areas from ND/MI/IL and through PA/NJ/DE/MD could be in line for potential MCS/Derecho development. He also mentioned this in his extended range (days 11-15) outlook as well. He mentioned we could be in the "Ring of Fire" which would obviously increase the potential for MCS/Derecho's moving through our region.

Makes sense with the heat dome in the middle/inter-mountain west section  of the US. 

Mid-Atlantic may once again get the brunt of it. 

4 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Makes sense with the heat dome in the middle/inter-mountain west section  of the US. 

Mid-Atlantic may once again get the brunt of it. 

I should point out he also mentioned that over time that favored area could possibly shift a little bit further north. But any which way you slice it there is the potential for MCS/Derecho activity for our area.

• 1 month later...

Amy Freeze is the worst weather person I've ever seen on tv. So many mistakes that it's mind-boggling. Today she keeps talking about how saturday is going to be a beautiful sunny day with low humidity, yet every time the 7 day forecast is put up it has a thunderstorm posted for saturday. She is so dumb that she keeps missing that miatake. And I've seen this type of mistake happen so many times with her. She is a complete and utter joke. What a difference from the high quality forecasts from Lee Goldberg and Jeff Smith. I wonder if someone on channel 7 will finally catch the mistake and take that thunderstorm off of saturday the next time they show the 7 day forecast. This is a joke.

1 hour ago, winterwx21 said:

Amy Freeze is the worst weather person I've ever seen on tv. So many mistakes that it's mind-boggling. Today she keeps talking about how saturday is going to be a beautiful sunny day with low humidity, yet every time the 7 day forecast is put up it has a thunderstorm posted for saturday. She is so dumb that she keeps missing that miatake. And I've seen this type of mistake happen so many times with her. She is a complete and utter joke. What a difference from the high quality forecasts from Lee Goldberg and Jeff Smith. I wonder if someone on channel 7 will finally catch the mistake and take that thunderstorm off of saturday the next time they show the 7 day forecast. This is a joke.

Lee tweeted the correct 7 day

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/7/2018 at 10:41 AM, Rtd208 said:

Interesting discussion from Larry Cosgroves weekly newsletter last night in the longer term outlook. Not set in stone obviously but basically thinking milder temps from November 7 thru December 26 then a fairly cold and stormy January thru March. Winter could be close to 2009-10. 

That’s exactly what I’m thinking. It’s going to be winter cancel and then kaaaaaaa boom

• Like 1