Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread Part 2

Rjay

28 minutes ago, snow1 said:

Where did he say this??

On the paysite.   Probably will go public tomorrow AM.   

CPC output has caved too.   Tomorrow we will see what they have to say, since meteorologists there lick their wounds on weekends or party for 48hrs. if they get it right.

• 2 weeks later...

JB, never one to admit he is wrong, is now talking about March as he was about Feb.  Rekindling the ghost of Ash Wed. NE of '62 and some strong 1984 event.  He just skips by the warmest Feb. ever.

If he blows it, I am certain he will merely move on to his hurricane forecast or something about putative global warming theories.

1 hour ago, CIK62 said:

JB, never one to admit he is wrong, is now talking about March as he was about Feb.  Rekindling the ghost of Ash Wed. NE of '62 and some strong 1984 event.  He just skips by the warmest Feb. ever.

If he blows it, I am certain he will merely move on to his hurricane forecast or something about putative global warming theories.

February to forget for sure.   MJO got stuck in 7 and that sunk us.   March might have a big storm but not seeing much in the way of cold air-need BN given the quickly rising norms after 3/6 or so.

18 minutes ago, The Plowsman said:
6 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:
Steve D big change

DWLkuiUWAAI-ZPu.jpg&key=a46c143a0318e783eed98e1ce8479f536e2460e6cbcadacf2207339219da4671

Not gonna pan out that way

He's not too different from NWS really, he is justa little too far north with the1-3 area. Bring it down to a little south of 95 and he'd be in line with them. He could very well be right though

1 hour ago, coastalplainsnowman said:

For Nassau/Suffolk, TWC has practically 0  for LI other than <1 in northern third of Nassau, with a sliver of 1-3 right along the north shore.

Way way way out to lunch for the north shore. Their map makes no sense. They have the cape and islands in the heavier snow. I don’t think there has ever been a storm where  the cape and islands had more snow then the north shore of Long Island in this setup. 

2 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Way way way out to lunch for the north shore. Their map makes no sense. They have the cape and islands in the heavier snow. I don’t think there has ever been a storm where  the cape and islands had more snow then the north shore of Long Island in this setup. 

TWC looks to go on the GFS output which as we know is the warmest of any model. 

20 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

TWC looks to go on the GFS output which as we know is the warmest of any model. 

Indeed, 1-3 for NYC. They are professionals too. They have as much claim as the others. So I don't know what to expect in reality. If its 3 inches for the city then everyone is right. Though they are still saying 4-7 on WNYC today.

One thing about Steve D when he picks out an idea, he seems to look for anything to back that up

I am watching the speed of this storm and I'm starting to wonder if the precipitation comes in so fast that the atmosphere doesn't have time to cool. Boy would that cut down snow fall totals!

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

One thing about Steve D when he picks out an idea, he seems to look for anything to back that up

I am watching the speed of this storm and I'm starting to wonder if the precipitation comes in so fast that the atmosphere doesn't have time to cool. Boy would that cut down snow fall totals!

Grasping.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

This guys supposed to be a pro? This is one of the most idiotic comments I have ever read. And that says allot around here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

This guys supposed to be a pro? This is one of the most idiotic comments I have ever read. And that says allot around here.

Agreed, its amazing what some meteorologists will do to support their forecast. One of the dumbest things I have ever heard. I follow him on twitter but sometimes he says some outlandish things.

22 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

you can't trust him anymore because when he made his video canceling winter the rest of the way he backed himself into a corner - also I can't understand why anyone would pay money for his forecasts and insight  when there are so many free and better forecasters out there...………...

14 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

you can't trust him anymore because when he made his video canceling winter the rest of the way he backed himself into a corner - also I can't understand why anyone would pay money for his forecasts and insight  when there are so many free and better forecasters out there...………...

Considering he has a few other jobs I'm guessing not many do

51 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

He seems to have trouble with these marginal snow vs rain systems...going the warmer way more often than not.

• Like 1