• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread Part 2

Rjay

Lee Goldberg was just on ABC, and even though he mentioned the new GFS he said he favors the Euro and mentioned a few reasons why.  Of course he also said "gut." lol

He did say that although he favors an offshore track that the storm could still mix right along the coast.  But he favors historic totals for the city because of the set up and the pattern as well as the more reliable and accurate Euro and its resolution.

1 minute ago, Paragon said:

Lee Goldberg was just on ABC, and even though he mentioned the new GFS he said he favors the Euro and mentioned a few reasons why.  Of course he also said "gut." lol

He did say that although he favors an offshore track that the storm could still mix right along the coast.  But he favors historic totals for the city because of the set up and the pattern as well as the more reliable and accurate Euro and its resolution.

He is the 2nd best met in the city so Ill take that but its surprising for him to say historic so early on in the game

Just now, Stormlover74 said:

Craig Allen's on tv as well

oh yea that's the holy trinity right there lol.  and I'm not a religious guy but those 3 are the best we have in the tristate.  I wouldn't rank any one above any other- they are all Great!

7 minutes ago, weathermedic said:

Well Bernie Rayno just tweeted he thinks there will be some mixing up to I-95 with the storm. Maybe he (and AccuWeather) are factoring that in to accumulations?

Doesn't look like they are, I guess they are just erring on the conservative side as we are still a few days away.

New Euro add: "The latest euro run is much farther east and cuts snow totals by more than half. Is that your final answer? Of course not! And that is why you don't post snowfall maps of totals 3+ days in advance !!!!
The internet is littered with them already. I have no problem showing you the model run numbers but it is just that...a computer's "thoughts" which can change run to run as new data is ingested."
Meteorologist Craig Allen/Craig Allen On-Air Inc

11 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

New Euro add: "The latest euro run is much farther east and cuts snow totals by more than half. Is that your final answer? Of course not! And that is why you don't post snowfall maps of totals 3+ days in advance !!!!
The internet is littered with them already. I have no problem showing you the model run numbers but it is just that...a computer's "thoughts" which can change run to run as new data is ingested."
Meteorologist Craig Allen/Craig Allen On-Air Inc

even dt is discounting this latest euro run...