Newest Member
    joxey
More Summer Banter

eekuasepinniW

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I guess sometimes you need to get away from the violence and Pony-Os up in nrn VT. Seems like there's been an uptick in violent crime since it stopped snowing 2 years ago.

Yeah dude can't even walk the Rec Path without someone muttering stuff about recent winters sucking and trying to shank you.

23 minutes ago, dendrite said:

:weenie:

sfcthi.us_ne.png

Of course it's trying to spew an 82F dew for MHT at that timeframe, but let's not put a turd in the punch bowl.

maybe Oceanwx could shines some light but ... seems to me there are enough of these products, and the signals been in place for ... three weeks or whatever, that the advisory and/or warns should be spread out over a larger area than just metro east Mass like that.   

is someone over thinking this ?   

or not - tell you the truth, i'm not entirely certain i'm clear on what the criteria for adv vs warn is...  i thought it was around 100 for three consecutive hours for the former, and between 100 and 105 for the latter.  maybe they have products in house that signal something different, too.  

either way, dem dare be big heat numbers.  

oh, i didn't see this paragraph:  

"...

For remaining areas, while we are forecasting heat indices near
100 for just about all but South Coast, Cape Cod, and Islands
confidence is not as high so we decided to hold off on Heat
Advisories, at least for now. Next shift can expand as needed
based upon 12z model runs.

..."

fair enough.  

6 hours ago, Hoth said:

Hey Kevin, question for you since you run. Do you find humid days more taxing on your lungs? It's obviously worse from a heat dissipation perspective, but I always seem to struggle more just to breathe well on humid days. Not sure if that's just me, or if the heavier air affects others as well.

In addition to the body just working harder on staying cool instead of efficient breathing, there is just more crap in the air. In a volume of air you're replacing oxygen with ozone, water vapor, etc. 

24 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

In addition to the body just working harder on staying cool instead of efficient breathing, there is just more crap in the air. In a volume of air you're replacing oxygen with ozone, water vapor, etc. 

That sounds so much more fun than those nice cobalt blue crystal clear skies and clean air you get with a good Chamber of Commerce air mass.

Can't wait to hear how DIT is getting out and enjoying the great weather.

6 hours ago, Hoth said:

Hey Kevin, question for you since you run. Do you find humid days more taxing on your lungs? It's obviously worse from a heat dissipation perspective, but I always seem to struggle more just to breathe well on humid days. Not sure if that's just me, or if the heavier air affects others as well.

Sorry..I missed this earlier.

No..The humidity doesn;t bother my lungs. As someone(rare) who has never smoked a cig, or weed or anything..not even once.....my lungs have never bothered me. The humidity does affect my stamina though. I am a heavy perspierer.and as a test a few week ago..I weighed myself before and after a 14 mile training run on a humid morning and I lost 8 lbs. That does have an effect . ..So I take salt tablets and carry fluids with me. 

Archived