Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2016 General Discussion

Powerball

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Jonger said:

Feels a lot better outside now. Glad the heat and humidity have gone on vacation. The next 7 days look ideal.

Still looks to be above normal just not in the 90s, more like the mid to upper 80's which at this point is about 3 to 7 above normal. The humidity should still stick around just not nearly to the magnitude it was at. 

57 minutes ago, Stebo said:

I'll take the over on that.

Sure.... either way, it's heading in the right direction. I can go to work without sweating my @ss off. I was going to mow my lawn on Saturday, but it was so miserable I took a pass on it. Being closer to the heat island, you will probably squeak out an 80+.

Today is the 31st consecutive day with at or above normal high temperatures in Cleveland. Streak looks to continue through the weekend. Just an incredible run of consistently warm/hot temperatures this summer. Hottest summer on record here is looking more and more likely. 

Hottest Jun/Jul/Aug for CLE:

1. 75.4 2016 through Aug 16
  2. 75.1 1949
  3. 74.9 1995
  4. 74.4 1955
  5. 74.4 2010
  6. 74.3 2005

The next two weeks need an average temp of 73.4 or higher for this to finish as hottest. It will probably be close.

Had a 3 min downpour from a micro shower deliver a quick 0.05" of rain a little while ago.  Some isolated cells popped up and dumped as much as an inch of rain in some areas nearby.  Saw a decent light show from one of the cells earlier as it passed to the north.  Not really sure what's igniting these cells, but they're mildly entertaining.  Pretty cool to see the towering cu lit up by the full moon tonight.

Part of that sucker hole over Northeast IN got filled in last night as storms kept forming/training over that area along a boundary. I caught 2.87" in about 3 1/2 hrs. Thankfully it's so dry around here that it didn't cause any flooding issues.

And it does look like a snowfall map with that hole over MBY. lol

7 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Had a 3 min downpour from a micro shower deliver a quick 0.05" of rain a little while ago.  Some isolated cells popped up and dumped as much as an inch of rain in some areas nearby.  Saw a decent light show from one of the cells earlier as it passed to the north.  Not really sure what's igniting these cells, but they're mildly entertaining.  Pretty cool to see the towering cu lit up by the full moon tonight.

Those little cells went ape**** as they moved a little further northeast.  Dumped almost 5" of rain up the river in Dixon and caused major street flooding.

4 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

Monday's deluge here took this summer from comfortably above normal to excessively wet. 2nd summer in a row we've put up some stupid rainfall totals in IKK-land. When does Hoosier's drought start again? 

The excessively wet summers have really dated back to 2013, been an insane stretch. Not only IKK but areas along the Illinois river have been pounded numerous times the past 3 summers. 

15 minutes ago, Chambana said:

The excessively wet summers have really dated back to 2013, been an insane stretch. Not only IKK but areas along the Illinois river have been pounded numerous times the past 3 summers. 

JJA 2013 was pretty dry. But yeah...the summers of 2014, 2015, and now 2016 have been pretty wet for IL. Regression is coming down the line I'd expect.

jja 2013.png

jja 2014.png

jja 2015.png

Those little cells went ape**** as they moved a little further northeast.  Dumped almost 5" of rain up the river in Dixon and caused major street flooding.

Speaking of that 5"+ deluge in/near Dixon, that's now 3 times in the past week somewhere in the LOT CWA had 5"+ in a rain event, which is really impressive. Can't recall if we had anything like that in any of the most notable summer wet stretches since I got here in 2010. My guess would be June 2015.

24 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

Storm just sitting overtop IKK. Total deluge. We're pretty much to the point of not being able to take on anymore rain here. I can't believe we're going through this sh*t again for a second consecutive summer. This f*cking sucks. :(

A little over 2 inches of rain in under an hour at my house.   Nuts.  I've been mowing the yard like it's spring.  

1 minute ago, vortex said:

A little over 2 inches of rain in under an hour at my house.   Nuts.  I've been mowing the yard like it's spring.  

1.50" here. Last week was the first one I didn't mow the grass, since Spring. It's been lush and green for sure. Was planning on doing it today, but that isn't happening now, lol.

Archived