Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahah ***hole toddlers. i love it.

so, i think mine has been sleep walking. 

she has been getting up in the middle of the night, almost every single night, for weeks now. she always walks to my side of the bed, and just stares at me. more often than not, i cause her to cry because she scares me and i loudly cry out, or jump awake. 

when i cause her to cry, she will respond, talk, easily walk back to bed. 

but there are times where i dont scare her, i wake up, ask her what she needs... she says nothing. just stares. i have to pick her up and put her back to bed.

i didn't think it was sleepwalking, but it happened the other night while my husband was still awake and he said it was definitely sleepwalking like, she was oblivious to everything around her. 

so creepy. so weird. 

she has been getting up in the middle of the night, almost every single night, for weeks now. she always walks to my side of the bed, and just stares at me. more often than not, i cause her to cry because she scares me and i loudly cry out, or jump awake. 

but there are times where i dont scare her, i wake up, ask her what she needs... she says nothing. just stares. i have to pick her up and put her back to bed.

i didn't think it was sleepwalking, but it happened the other night while my husband was still awake and he said it was definitely sleepwalking like, she was oblivious to everything around her. 

so creepy. so weird. 

Ours used to get night terrors pretty much every night about an hour after she fell asleep. It happens far less now, but when she does she's completely out of it. Nothing we can do can shake her from it - she just needs to come out of it on her own. It's pretty freaky. I'd much rather have a sleepwalker!

yup, we've had those too. just sudden screaming and fits in the middle of the night. would have to turn on the lights and make a sudden noise to get her to snap out of it. thankfully she hasn't had one in the while. 

Yeah...night terrors are no fun. You try to do everything you can to snap them out of it, but they don't respond at all. Everything you read says to let them run their course, but it's impossible to do so.

As I mentioned, out daughter doesn't get them as much any more, but when she does it's heartbreaking. :(

My daughter broke her arm yesterday :(

Pretty awful to watch you kids in pain and not be able to fix it right away.  She loves swim team and that's over for the season now. 

Sorry to hear that you had to go through that.  Probably harder on you the parent than for her.  Prayers for a speedy recovery for all.

Sorry to hear that you had to go through that.  Probably harder on you the parent than for her.  Prayers for a speedy recovery for all.

Thanks.  She's a trooper.  The end of swim team upset her far more today than the arm pain I think. 

Pretty awful to watch your kids in pain and not be able to fix it right away. She loves swim team and that's over for the season now.

Sorry for your daughter. I'm on a super competitive swim team, and one of our Olympic Trials athletes broke his hand during Warmups before his event during Trials. Get her healthy and back in the water, swimming is a great and rewarding sport.

Pretty awful to watch your kids in pain and not be able to fix it right away. She loves swim team and that's over for the season now.

Sorry to hear! Hope she recovers quickly!

Big time bummer. Hope she heals quickly but I know it's too late for this swim season

Brewing my first beer since the beginning of March (and only the second since New Year's Eve). It's been a wild ride with the end of my old contract and finding a new job, but being a month into the new gig and having a three-day weekend, it was a perfect time for it.

All is again right with the world...:D

Brewing my first beer since the beginning of March (and only the second since New Year's Eve). It's been a wild ride with the end of my old contract and finding a new job, but being a month into the new gig and having a three-day weekend, it was a perfect time for it.

All is again right with the world...:D

Nice! What are you brewing? We just did a black IPA again this past Wednesday because it was so good a couple of months ago. The basement is about ten degrees warmer so hopefully the fermentation isn't too different.

Nice! What are you brewing? We just did a black IPA again this past Wednesday because it was so good a couple of months ago. The basement is about ten degrees warmer so hopefully the fermentation isn't too different.

I remember you talking about your BIPA before. Gotta love when a beer is so good you want to brew it again! My basement varies by about 8° from winter to summer (58-66F), so I use a rope-handled tub and aquarium heater/ice bottles as needed to maintain a good temp. Works great for me!

Mine is a hoppy American Wheat with El Dorado, Hüll Melon, and Citra. No bittering hops - one addition at five minutes and a 30-minute hopstand. I really like what the hopstand brings, so I'm pretty excited about it - the OG sample was really hoppy.

I might be venturing into sours sometime later this year. I have to get some additional gear, so hopefully it'll be worth it!

The nightly odenton/ft Meade backyard displays starting up again. Was pretty loud last night.

Love fireworks...really wish we had more open areas around here where the responsible use of them was allowed. Kinda dumb for people to do it in subdivisions where houses are so close.

so creepy. so weird.

When I was little, about 4 or so, my dad tied my leg to the bed :lol:. I don't actually remember it though.

I would get up in the night and create havoc they tell me. I pulled the Christmas tree down once. My favorite thing to do was to dump Comet and grape jelly on the floor and then get the vacuum out and go to work. I don't blame them for roping me in.

I do remember the Christmas tree. It must have been traumatic.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived