• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2016 Obs

24 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Gotta a killer view of the storm 82 miles east of me over the sound from my porch......crazy lightning in it. Hard to believe it is that far away...

I am Kill Devil Hills for the weekend and watching the same storm over the sound. Took a couple videos of it. The lightning show is awesome.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Avdave said:

Awesome did that a few years ago in 2013. Totally different climate inside the volcano ring, that is for sure. Was a great hike though. 

Today is cooler back here but anything less than what we have been having is cooler. Still hot. More puffy clouds out there as well. Best rain chances ahead are on sunday likely

DSC_0099.JPG

DSC_0098.JPG

Lol! Your first picture looks way better than my picture.

IMG_20160423_161218.jpg

IMG_20160423_160637.jpg

What an incredibly humid morning and early afternoon. Went out this morning at 8 am and the temp was already 85/80. Topped off at 96/85 HI 127. Very, very uncomfortable, then the storms blew in. Lots of close lightning strikes with this one. Picked up .51" which pushed me to 12" even for the month. I wonder how accurate my dew point measurement actually is?

17 hours ago, metalicwx366 said:

Lol! Your first picture looks way better than my picture.

IMG_20160423_161218.jpg

IMG_20160423_160637.jpg

LOL Your pics are fine dude. Great hike.

so far no rain here today or yesterday.   94 for a high here today, felt hot out there. Looks like the Carthage to Lillington line gets the storms this late afternoon, they always seem to attract the storms. Wonder if it has something to do with being on the line between the sandhills and peidmont. ?????? Who knows

Had lots of clouds early in the day, stayed in the 80s almost all day, and just hit 90 for a few minutes this afternoon. Was outside this evening at a park in Greenville and couldn't believe how nice it was, cooler temps or lower humidities, but it felt almost like an early fall evening. 

Noticed CAE hit 101, 5th straight day over 100 and 16th of the month. Gonna be close again tomorrow too. This will be their all-time hottest month regardless of tomorrow, and by over a full degree, beating July 93 and August 07. Incredible -  My condolences to you midland peeps; sorry buckeye! :yikes:

Ended up with .43" for the day so far. A storm is dropping in from the west, will see if it holds up. This puts me at 12.43" for the month. I do believe that this is my highest total for a month outside of tropic systems affecting us since I have been monitoring my totals.

Archived