Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2016 Obs

4 hours ago, Avdave said:

Thank you sir. Ill take that with out all the flooding issues

Its been hot and uber humid here at myrtle beach the last few days. I saw somewhere were today we hit an 80* DP not so sure of that.  It is and was oppresive out there but thats pretty extreme.  Back to the Triangle tomorrow :(

I am sure that's legit, its not that uncommon along the SE coast to hit 78-80 DP's especially with a SE or S flow....here we see DP's near 80 to often it seems.....in a lot of ways even though we haven't had real temps exceed 95 here this year we have unfortunately seen the high DP's so our heat index is 105-115 almost every day it seems.

The further inland you get the better your chances of mixing the DP out a little is but even RDU has seen 75-77 DP's pretty steady so far this summer.....its been a humid one for sure.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

That, my friend, is a world class dew point reading!

One of the bases I forecast for is Kadena AB in Okinawa Japan. Their temperature and dewpoint is almost always the same. 30/30(86/86) happens nearly everyday. They hit 31/30 earlier today. The heat index is around 120 everyday.

32 minutes ago, metalicwx366 said:

One of the bases I forecast for is Kadena AB in Okinawa Japan. Their temperature and dewpoint is almost always the same. 30/30(86/86) happens nearly everyday. They hit 31/30 earlier today. The heat index is around 120 everyday.

This is right. I was on Okinawa with the Seabees and every morning when the sun rose it was like an oven got turned on due to the constant high humidity. 

A robust storm cell formed in Wilson County almost directly on top of me but then moved south.  I work 10 minutes (with traffic) away from home.  It was poring when I left work, but hardly a drop at home.  I hope that the line currently moving trough (roughly on the I-95 corridor) is not the entity of today's festivities.

On 7/19/2016 at 0:39 AM, downeastnc said:

I am sure that's legit, its not that uncommon along the SE coast to hit 78-80 DP's especially with a SE or S flow....here we see DP's near 80 to often it seems.....in a lot of ways even though we haven't had real temps exceed 95 here this year we have unfortunately seen the high DP's so our heat index is 105-115 almost every day it seems.

The further inland you get the better your chances of mixing the DP out a little is but even RDU has seen 75-77 DP's pretty steady so far this summer.....its been a humid one for sure.

You are correct - here in Charleston it's routinely hit 78 to 80 this summer. It feels noticeably better when it's "only" 75.

It's a dry day over here. 88 / 77dp = only 101 degrees. The car cover is on, but it's mostly cloudy and it looks like we'll have scattered stuff popping up in a couple of hours.

On July 19, 2016 at 0:39 AM, downeastnc said:

What I don't get is the DPs in south Florida stay around 74 with 77 at the most and they have 90 degree water just offshore.

5 hours ago, Solak said:

Made it... HI = 100 again!

Heat index here also got 100 today but we actually went a few with out getting to 100......I imagine the next few will be rough but DP's might actually be a little lower with the heat dome and it end up not as bad as it was back the end of last week at least HI wise. 

Archived