joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
All-purpose Thunderstorm Discussion Thread

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely going to be rotation with any storm along the sea breeze this evening.  Winds are southeasterly to the east of the boundary and westerly west of the boundary.  That is rotation friendly winds, no wonder the dew points are in the 70s in Chatham.  Southeasterly winds carrying with them warm air.

You can clearly see why just by observing the cloud structures... The glaciating tops are ripping off the single pulse cells and even leaving the middle/bottom of the cloud behind in some cases.  There's a strong wind up there getting mixed down  in the sustainers...  That line is wicked in NH.  surprised they stop the watch at the mass/nh border cause that sucker should derecho some serious ass down in northern orh/middlesex and essex cos down here.  we'll see.. 

10 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Excellent!

That's probably a lie considering in the winter there's no foliage and it looks less impressive then, but that wind was roaring well ahead of the cell. There was a good 10 mins of near 50mph. Lots of branches down, shingles blown around, etc. The chickens went running for their life. My slowing Davis anny had 38mph, but I guarantee it was higher. Looks like a lot of 45-50mph obs from here to Sanbornton. My spot sucks with wind so this is a semi big deal. :lol:

Archived