Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
All-purpose Thunderstorm Discussion Thread

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be able to chase but now running into traffic problems...only hope is it comes towards WeHa

Unfortunately, it's a bad time on a horrible day to chase. I drove to Westbrook and back earlier today and the traffic was ridiculous, and it's only going to get worse as rush hour approaches. So yeah, you pretty much gotta pick your spot and hope the storm comes to you. Luckily for you, the presumptive storm of the day appears to be doing just that. I'm very tempted to make a run up 91, but... I know better. Good luck up there in Hartford. 

The foothills were the jackpot earlier as well this week

Exactly, It ripped here early this am, 1.15" in the stratus

Compared to my 0.91".   Foothills got the gardens watered Wednesday, but it was more in the mts that got sluiced Tuesday afternoon.  Coburn, not exactly a foothill (unless one lives near the Rockies) probably got 8"+, according to radar estimate. 

Don't expect anything beyond showers and maybe a rumble or two, but another 1/2" would be nice.

Neat shot.

Exactly, It ripped here early this am, 1.15" in the stratus

Compared to my 0.91".   Foothills got the gardens watered Wednesday, but it was more in the mts that got sluiced Tuesday afternoon.  Coburn, not exactly a foothill (unless one lives near the Rockies) probably got 8"+, according to radar estimate. 

Don't expect anything beyond showers and maybe a rumble or two, but another 1/2" would be nice.

The precip repellant in NW Mass is on in full-force.   Not a drop despite the radar showing echos overhead.

Archived