• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    HunterMT
    Newest Member
    HunterMT

Texas/New Mexico/Louisiana/Mexico Obs And Discussion Thread Part 8

In Albuquerque, Nino 3.4 temps / solar conditions / Nino 3.4 temps in the prior winter are pretty predictive for highs in Oct-May. Once October is in you, you can anchor the data to what was observed then too. Last year it was a strong match in all non-March months. This year, I have a decent match for the sun, and ONI (ONI will probably be around 27.1C) and a good match for October. But I don't have a good way of getting ONIp and the sun to work together. But so far, the blend is holding in November. Will be curious to see how it goes.

Central and NE TX could see light freezing rain or a mix this evening. Tomorrow morning there will likely be a few winchills in the single digits across N TX with sub 20 wind chills for anywhere north of I-10.

With the temperature down to 34F at 6 pm and low dew points, Albuquerque should be up to 11 nights of 32F or less since October 1 on 11/11. Tied with 1991 for fourth most since 1931 (10/1-11/11 lows of 32F or less).

This ties the coldest for November since I moved to my house in 2014 when it also got down to 17. Crazy though to have teens on consecutive mornings in early November. That is what a strong typhoon induced -EPO does though.