Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Texas/New Mexico/Louisiana/Mexico Obs And Discussion Thread Part 8

wxmx

2 hours ago, BrandonC_TX said:

On the Day 3 outlook, SPC removed all mention of severe thunderstorm potential for Sunday.  Seems like those uncertainties might have won out.

Yeeeep... I am a little surprised that they dropped the severe risk altogether. Fort Worth's AFD gives me a little hope, but honestly we're just gonna have to wait and see. 

6 hours ago, TexMexWx said:

Yeeeep... I am a little surprised that they dropped the severe risk altogether. Fort Worth's AFD gives me a little hope, but honestly we're just gonna have to wait and see. 

FWD not going guns blazing on this threat obviously, but they're still pointing out at least the potential for gusty winds/small hail with prefrontal cells, and then an overnight QLCS with a tornado threat depending on interactions with boundaries (i.e. warm front).

Still a couple days out, but I guess I'm just getting a little restless with the weather here haha.

The airport got about an inch of snow by midnight 1/25, and it was still snowing until about 1 am. Probably just over an inch fell there, with 0.9" reported for 1/25. I noted way back in October that all ten years to see measurable October snow in Albuquerque had snow in five different calendar months. We're at three now: Oct, Dec, Jan. To keep that tendency alive, we need snow in two of the next four: Feb, Mar, Apr, May. Recent Marches have not had snow, and snow in May is very rare. But I lean toward Feb & Mar, since every prior October snow in Albuquerque has been followed by a March snow.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hmmm, based on the Wundermap radar (stitched together?) it should hit me soon.  Not hearing anything at the moment.

So how does Wundermap have radar and the new and 'improved'(?) NWS radar product doesn't?  Does Wundermap just do a better job of stitching together and projecting from radars surrounding the down DFW site?  They both use the same radar sites, correct?

And just as I type this, big hail hits the roof.

Edit:  Sounds bigger than it looks.  Maybe pea to marble so far.  Only lasted a minute then just a good downpour.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Interestingly enough, hi-res models are trying to blow up some convection this afternoon, although they're centering on an area just to the SW of the Metroplex. But even then, the cloud debris from them could keep the afternoon temps in check.

We'll see what happens...

3 hours ago, Powerball said:

Interestingly enough, hi-res models are trying to blow up some convection this afternoon, although they're centering on an area just to the SW of the Metroplex. But even then, the cloud debris from them could keep the afternoon temps in check.

We'll see what happens...

Heat advisory until 7pm for Dallas and Tarrant Counties.

Currently 94*F at DFW. Forecast is for a high of 99*F.

2 hours ago, Witness Protection Program said:

Already got some popcorn pop and die between Weatherford and Stephenville.

Hope that cluster north of San Angelo keeps going all day, that area needs the rain.  Never died and ramped up good this morning.

Cell's trying to blow up now over Irving.

So far, this week hasn't been as bad as originally feared.

Monday was the only cool/rainy day. Yesterfay and today have featured hoghs at/above 90*F and partly cloudy skies after the morning stratus breaks up.

It's ultimately only been slightly below normal, thanks to the overnight lows around average..

• Like 1