joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2016 Discussions/Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next week looks very active with convection. Especially Friday and Saturday and then into next week.

The GGEM scoured a coup with the rain for the 4th of July when every other model was well South.

It has 6-7" of rain here over the next ten days, granted about an inch of that was from last night.

Is the heat here to stay or do we go back to the average temps routine of June?

I would say, get used to the heat and humidity with afternoon and evening thunderstorm threats for a while. To me this looks like 2-4 day stretches of high heat and humidity intertwined with 1.5-2 day stretches of slightly above normal temperatures and relatively comfortable humidity, back and forth, perhaps for a week or weeks. We shall see.

WX/PT

The next week looks very active with convection. Especially Friday and Saturday and then into next week.

The GGEM scoured a coup with the rain for the 4th of July when every other model was well South.

It has 6-7" of rain here over the next ten days, granted about an inch of that was from last night.

It will be hard to nail down convection especially when alot of days it won't be very widespread, just typical afternoon heating of the day type storms. So some places will cash in while others miss out. If its going to be hot, I'd rather have the humidity and a chance of storms. Lately when its been hot its also been dry/desert like weather

It will be hard to nail down convection especially when alot of days it won't be very widespread, just typical afternoon heating of the day type storms. So some places will cash in while others miss out. If its going to be hot, I'd rather have the humidity and a chance of storms. Lately when its been hot its also been dry/desert like weather

Agreed, however especially later this week the activity looks quite widespread.

JFK local warm spot on offshore flow up to 86 now.

One of the warmer days of the season along the

South Shore with 85 at Gilgo Beach just behind

the seasonal high of 87.

when I lived in Brooklyn I'd be the hot spot on a NE wind...LGA is a hot spot with a SW wind...Newark is a hot spot with any wind direction...

Archived