Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2016 Discussions/Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think our recent turn to wet and the big rain event coming overnight Monday is going to be the game changer that flips the burners on to hot finally

We probably go to a warm dry pattern for awhile but not overly hot for this time of year since it is the hottest time of the year.

I think our recent turn to wet and the big rain event coming overnight Monday is going to be the game changer that flips the burners on to hot finally

We have not seen any prolonged dewpoints in the 70's other than with frontal boundaries and moisture fetches... that is about to change.

Cloudy at the beaches..another busted forecast 24 hours out

deal with it-I never get the thinking that cloudy means you can't go to the beach-as long as it's warm it's fine.    Most people don't bake in the sun these days, the sand is not hot and you are blinded by the sun off the sand.

deal with it-I never get the thinking that cloudy means you can't go to the beach-as long as it's warm it's fine. Most people don't bake in the sun these days, the sand is not hot and you are blinded by the sun off the sand.

I'm sitting on the beach and it's great. But I'm a beach bum.

deal with it-I never get the thinking that cloudy means you can't go to the beach-as long as it's warm it's fine. Most people don't bake in the sun these days, the sand is not hot and you are

blinded by the sun off the sand.

People left the beach today because it got cold. You may not like heat but the far majority do not like cool and clouds at the beach especially when mets bust badly with sky cover and people expected 80 plus with sun. Saturday was cool but with sunshine..people can appreciate that...if you like clouds at the beach you are in a 5% demo

People left the beach today because it got cold. You may not like heat but the far majority do not like cool and clouds at the beach especially when mets bust badly with sky cover and people expected 80 plus with sun. Saturday was cool but with sunshine..people can appreciate that...if you like clouds at the beach you are in a 5% demo

Starting Wednesday it will be hazy, hot and humid for several days.

normally we get our hottest temperatures in July...Not so for the last two years...they had their highest temperature in September...July's average max was 95.4...The 2010's are averaging 99.2 so far...The hottest decade for the highest average max is the 1930's coming in at 97.9...the 2010's could end up with the highest average when all is said and done...the average minimum continues to rise and the 2010's could have the the highest average also...the 1990's holds the record with an average July minimum at 61.1...the 2010's are 62.4 for far...the long term average is just under 59.5...the decade has no days below 60 for July so far...the coolest is 61...the 1950's and 1990's is the highest decade with 57 for the coolest temp...the 2000's did not have any 100 degree days...97 was the highest for that decade...lowest among the decades...it has the lowest average July max along with the 1880's at 92.6...the 1990's have the highest monthly average ... 77.5...so far the 2010's are averaging 79.2...So we need some cool July's for the 2010's to average below record high levels...If July 2016 is hot also the 2010's will probably  have all the warm July decade average records except the 106 in 1936...that could still happen in the future...

July........................................................

decade ave temp max...min...ave max/min
1870's.....75.7.......na.....na.....na.....na
1880's.....74.6.......99.....54.....92.6.....59.2
1890's.....74.7.....100.....55.....95.1.....58.1
1900's.....76.1.....100.....56.....94.4.....60.0
1910's.....75.4.....100.....56.....96.1.....59.2
1920's.....74.7.....100.....54.....94.7.....57.5
1930's.....76.7.....106.....54.....97.9.....59.2
1940's.....76.7.....102.....52.....96.0.....58.6
1950's.....77.1.....101.....57.....96.3.....60.5
1960's.....76.0.....103.....54.....96.1.....59.3
1970's.....76.8.....104.....53.....95.0.....58.7
1980's.....77.4.....102.....53.....96.5.....59.2
1990's.....77.5.....102.....57.....97.1.....61.1
2000's.....75.6.......97.....56.....92.6.....60.5
2010's.....79.2.....104.....61.....99.2.....62.4

1870/1880-
2009 ave 76.1.....106.....52.....95.4.....59.3
1980-
2009 ave 76.8.....102.....53.....95.4.....60.3

#firstworldproblems

...very true..i heard the grumblings today on the beach too..overheard many people complaining

about the forecast that NEVER panned out..cloudy and cool all day..they were flat out wrong!

I'm in San fransisco you want to talk about bad beach weather!!! This city is nuts its July and its 53 degrees at the beach with dense fog and and strong onshore wind that makes it feel like mid winter!!! Cool city but the beach weather is awful!! Multiple people have told me the coldest winter of their life was a summer in San Fran!!!

I'm in San fransisco you want to talk about bad beach weather!!! This city is nuts its July and its 53 degrees at the beach with dense fog and and strong onshore wind that makes it feel like mid winter!!! Cool city but the beach weather is awful!! Multiple people have told me the coldest winter of their life was a summer in San Fran!!!

I've heard that as well. Their best weather is September and October

That's nuts man. San Francisco may not get brutal cold and snowy Winters like we do, but their Summers are horrible for anyone who likes that Jersey/Long Island beach weather.

"The coldest winter I've ever spent was a summer in San Francisco" - Mark Twain

Archived