SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Severe Weather - June 28

ApacheTrout

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? Hmm if that's the case there could be a couple good severe cells later on. The lapse rates actually aren't all that bad and that's with that pocket of warmth aloft

Yeah we can work with 6.5 C/km.

There is a little jet working overhead, especially by 00z, so I expect this stuff will definitely linger on us.

Northern Adirondacks into the Champlain Islands getting drenched.

Areas east and southeast of Jackman, too, with 60 dbz echoes and Doppler estimates including some 5-6" pixels.   Even half that, within a 2-hr period, will blow out some significant water crossings.  And while the rain is expanding slowly south and east, it's not departed the places under +RA a couple hr ago.

Areas east and southeast of Jackman, too, with 60 dbz echoes and Doppler estimates including some 5-6" pixels.   Even half that, within a 2-hr period, will blow out some significant water crossings.  And while the rain is expanding slowly south and east, it's not departed the places under +RA a couple hr ago.

Yeah look at these radar estimates coming from right over Jay Peak.  The Jay Cloud working in the summer too, haha.  Radar showing 3-6" of rain in a very short period of time...in mountainous terrain I'm sure there's some interesting drainages right now.

post-352-0-99856500-1467148099_thumb.gif

Just started pouring with almost no warning, haha.  One minute it turns cloudy and the next its just tropical downpour.

North of here though towards Hyde Park and Eden on the RT 100 corridor of northern Lamoille County must be getting crushed right now.  That's some torrential rain with up to 65dbz.

post-352-0-87065800-1467148316_thumb.gif

Caught some nice structure by New England standards near the causeway to South Hero just before 5pm. That storm briefly looked a bit supercelluar. I didn't get into the core but I am sure there was hail in there.

Tied to the ridge lines AWT.

That line near here formed in the valley and pretty much sat there on the RT 100 corridor between the Spine and Worcester Range.

It was an odd location for initiation as usually it's over the Spine/County lines.

I will say I thought the coverage would've been more widespread based on the model radar progs.

Just started pouring with almost no warning, haha. One minute it turns cloudy and the next its just tropical downpour.

North of here though towards Hyde Park and Eden on the RT 100 corridor of northern Lamoille County must be getting crushed right now. That's some torrential rain with up to 65dbz.

attachicon.gifJune_28.gif

Drool. We'll be lucky to get 0.25".

I will say I thought the coverage would've been more widespread based on the model radar progs.

Spoke too soon.  Radar blossoming and lots of thunder now. 

Whoever got crushed with the 2-3" from the first round where the Flash Flood Warning is up, should pile it on with this next round of developing cells.

post-352-0-92121900-1467155079_thumb.gif

Spoke too soon.  Radar blossoming and lots of thunder now. 

Whoever got crushed with the 2-3" from the first round where the Flash Flood Warning is up, should pile it on with this next round of developing cells.

attachicon.gifJune_28b.gif

Someone is actually reporting to us from Upper Enchanted TWP, ME right now via the internet. I'm amazed at so many things about that statement, but to have accurate reports of 7.16" in the last 5 hours and know that dual-pol is handling it is nice.

If this is the LLJ getting going now, we should be in for a busy hydro night.

Archived