Weathernoob335
July 2016 General Discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, outflow said:

At least your getting rain. 

I'll be more than happy to trade the stratiform rains / garden variety heavy rain showers with anyone in either direction for severe weather action (and the chances of that happening today are also minimal at this point).

Locally, we've had 4-5" of rain within the last 30 days.

1 hour ago, Powerball said:

I'll be more than happy to trade the stratiform rains / garden variety heavy rain showers with anyone in either direction for severe weather action (and the chances of that happening today are also minimal at this point).

Locally, we've had 4-5" of rain within the last 30 days.

Sure we have, but 3 1/2" of it came in 2 days. Kind of hurts the we have had x amount of rain when most of it ran off.

14 hours ago, IthielZ said:

Actually, it looks like we rallied and tied it at 98°F . A nice way to end that streak without 3 consecutive days above 90. With any luck, we could go for 5.

I was shocked it got that hot at DTW, tying the record from 2012/1933. ARB hit 95, mby 95, DET 94. Monroe only hit 89! I checked the wunderground station right by DTW, the same one I check when DTW has a mysterious intrahour bump :lol:, and they too hit 98F....remnants of whatever downsloping occurs at YIP manages to glance DTW. Speaking of YIP, they only hit 100, I was expecting more :lol:.

On todays date in 1934, Detroit recorded the hottest temperature on record with 105F.

1 minute ago, michsnowfreak said:

I was shocked it got that hot at DTW, tying the record from 2012/1933. ARB hit 95, mby 95, DET 94. Monroe only hit 89! I checked the wunderground station right by DTW, the same one I check when DTW has a mysterious intrahour bump :lol:, and they too hit 98F....I swear whatever downsloping occurs at YIP sure manages to blow its way to DTW. Speaking of YIP, they only hit 100, I was expecting more :lol:.

On todays date in 1934, Detroit recorded the hottest temperature on record with 105F.

Actually this one is explainable, it has been very dry at and around DTW compared to along the river and further ne near DET. Monroe is right on the water so it would make sense to be cooler, ARB also has had more rain this month than DTW. YIP yes is still running hot but only by 2 degrees compared to DTW.

Just now, Stebo said:

Actually this one is explainable, it has been very dry at and around DTW compared to along the river and further ne near DET. Monroe is right on the water so it would make sense to be cooler, ARB also has had more rain this month than DTW. YIP yes is still running hot but only by 2 degrees compared to DTW.

At 2pm yesterday I was telling my brother (who lives in Chicago) that it was 95F with a heat index of 94F at DTW while ORD was only 89F but with a heat index of 97F.

27 minutes ago, Powerball said:

Official heatwave cancel for Detroit (per the definition michsnowfreak posted).

Today's bust broke what would have been a 5-day 90*F streak and 3-day 95*F+ streak.

Considering where we were at noon, I'd say 87 is a pretty impressive recovery.

19 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Considering where we were at noon, I'd say 87 is a pretty impressive recovery.

15 minutes ago, Powerball said:

True, and also considering that the sun didn't come out until 4pm.

We probably would have been upper 90's again if it hadn't been for the debris this morning. Reminded me so much of one of those days in 2012 when we were supposed to be up around 100 and only made it into the 80's because of leftovers from an overnight MCS.

18 minutes ago, IthielZ said:

We probably would have been upper 90's again if it hadn't been for the debris this morning. Reminded me so much of one of those days in 2012 when we were supposed to be up around 100 and only made it into the 80's because of leftovers from an overnight MCS.

July 5th, 2012.

It was well worth it back then to bust though (one of the best multiple-round severe weather events I can remember occurred the previous day and early that morning)

But this time? Yeah right...

Archived