Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2016 General Discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go to a beach, go fishing, take your kids to a waterpark? Hot weather doesn't = turn into a hermit.

Thats a matter of opinion. I could say the same for cold weather. Doesnt mean you need to turn into a hermit, but some do. I love spending time outdoors in summer...but when it IS that hot (which we havent seen in quite some time and have a lllllong way to go for that forecast to be realized)...my activities will strictly involve being indoors and air conditioning.

Thats a matter of opinion. I could say the same for cold weather. Doesnt mean you need to turn into a hermit, but some do. I love spending time outdoors in summer...but when it IS that hot (which we havent seen in quite some time and have a lllllong way to go for that forecast to be realized)...my activities will strictly involve being indoors and air conditioning.

To each their own then. The rest of us who want heat will enjoy it.

:flood: Get out the boats...

I say Bring It On here--a lot of the areas of central Illinois entering drought (including here in Springfield) are among the big winners if this QPF pans out.

And from the looks of the map I wonder how much of that rain will be "Ring of Fire" type storms, where this time central IL/IN/OH (plus S IA and N MO) are the big rainfall winners this time.  And perhaps increased summertime severe potential too--perhaps more active severe here this summer than what it was in the spring (other than March 15).

If only I didn't work outside. For swimming activities, it would be great. I'm not really fond of standing in a lake, I'm more of a water skier/boater, but I don't have a boat. Beyond that, anything over 90 really cuts down on things to do.

I do enjoy watching the volleyball courts, if you get my drift.

Winter is pretty much the same, anything under 25F for most people is not enjoyable. I'm glad I have that problem solved.

If only I didn't work outside. For swimming activities, it would be great. I'm not really fond of standing in a lake, I'm more of a water skier/boater, but I don't have a boat. Beyond that, anything over 90 really cuts down on things to do.

Winter is pretty much the same, anything under 25F for most people is not enjoyable. I'm glad I have that problem solved.

I can stand from 20F to about 80F...  outside of that range...i'm not very comfortable..wind and humidity factor in on each end.

I like watching the college girls at the beach..that is fun.  I'm not a dirty old man or anything :)

Saving on some AC this week...  be ready to go for July.

I can stand from 20F to about 80F...  outside of that range...i'm not very comfortable..wind and humidity factor in on each end.

I like watching the college girls at the beach..that is fun.  I'm not a dirty old man or anything :)

Saving on some AC this week...  be ready to go for July.

I shut my sprinklers off, going to skip a couple days and focus on watering dry spots. Gotta adjust the sprinkler heads.

hoping for a step north with that kind of set up is a bad place to be in

I'm a bit leery of the northward jumps but the plus is that the system looks to have decent dynamics and most of the action looks to be elevated north of the surface warm front.  Will have to watch where the 850 mb front sets up.

and that big torch you all were hyping?

he gone

ecmwf_T850_us_11.png

Tries to slip a back door front in, the heat is still there especially from Chicago south, also one run out of like 7 to show that so take it for what it is worth. Which since it agrees with what you want, you will 100% believe it no matter what evidence to the contrary.

Oh and the ensembles don't agree with this at all.

I have no control over it, but a drought futility record might be fun. I'm sure farmers want no part of it and neither does my wallet.

Drought in the summer = heat. Look at the last time we were this dry in June, 2012. One of the hottest summers on record.

Pattern does look more interesting for later next week.  Heat dome builds in the Plains and tries to get into the sub, sets up a nice NW flow battle ground area over somewhere in the sub.  Euro shows big time cape building later next week as well as widespread deep moisture builds in.  Hopefully we can get a decent setup or two with the NW flow along the edge of the advancing heat dome.  

Archived