Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July pattern discussion

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like I'm finishing up the month a hair on the warm side of average.  Out of 32 July's this one ranks 12th in terms of warmth.  3rd driest though.  Of note is that all summer I normally average 3 nights with a low of 70° or more and I had none this month which is a reflection of how dry it has been.  If anything, the lack of high humidity has been notable this month.

23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

And IJD near you dews are 71

You and me are south of warm front

no one in SNE is "S of warm front" s - not by a hundred miles.. Not only that, employing the actual art and science "skill" , and not just a purview where Moderation allows just anyone to have free reign ... there is no hope of being N of any warm front at any time today. 

90fwbg.gif

33 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

no one in SNE is "S of warm front" s - not by a hundred miles.. Not only that, employing the actual art and science "skill" , and not just a purview where Moderation allows just anyone to have free reign ... there is no hope of being N of any warm front at any time today. 

90fwbg.gif

Read the morning BOX afdAFD

5 hours ago, MetHerb said:

It looks like I'm finishing up the month a hair on the warm side of average.  Out of 32 July's this one ranks 12th in terms of warmth.  3rd driest though.  Of note is that all summer I normally average 3 nights with a low of 70° or more and I had none this month which is a reflection of how dry it has been.  If anything, the lack of high humidity has been notable this month.

When u leave Springfield from work and get home it must feel like a whole new world.

6 hours ago, MetHerb said:

Today's clouds may result in July finishing just below my average - like -0.02 or some such.  We've had more days reach the 80s than average, though, thanks to sunshine and dews rarely above the lower 60s.  My usual July features 70+ dews on 3-6 days; this month had one, on the 18th, which also had our only decent lightning display of the year.

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I had 4 nights 70+ and lowest of 10 was 67.2

You're on a hill top....very few people live there.  I live about the average elevation in Stafford between the 500' in the center of town the 1,300' high point.  7/24 I was 59° and four other days days I was 61°.  The warmest was this morning at 68°.

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

BDL only had one night where low was warmer than 70F during that whole stretch. Goes to show you the humidity was lacking. 

i was wondering about this ... how the summer's cheated in so many ways, why not f around with the stats just to be annoying, too - 

like, disproportionately large number of 90+ days for a month that's < +1 above normal ?  ...just spit ballin' here, but i wonder...  

must summer months are not as plagued by dry atmosphere (meaning, lower DPs) like this one has been - or seems to have been.  I bet we are lower then normal in DP - just a hunch.

heh, lot of hunches here, but i'm almost wondering if the night time lows (as part of the 'desert diurnal' effect) have been low enough to significantly off-set the highs and make the dailies "lie" about the sensible weather.  

course, not sure.  the last 10 days, no - lots of 64 F on the way to work if memory's correct. but, June had a lot of 86 hi's after 50-type lows, and i wonder how much of the first 15 days of July might have been dishonest in the same way.  haha.

jesus, what an annoying f summer this is, and continues to engineer ways to be.  could be a record breaking early date of 'i can't wait until winter' internal monologue if this keeps up.  

27 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Sorry your July wx hasn't been summery. Winters aren't winter and summers aren't summer up there. Move south 

lol you should know by now that 80/54 monthly spread for average highs/lows is about as ideal as it gets.  Some days are 86F and some are 75F...a great mix.

You know I get out and enjoy it every day, be it hiking with the dog, zip lining down Mansfield at work, swimming in the river in the backyard, etc.. We rarely hear about how you enjoy the summer heat and humidity...beach time?  Pool? Sitting inside listening to the hum of the air conditioner while posting how stoked you are BDL hit 90F?

I love the summers up here...just perfect comfortable weather most of the time.  

I will say I'm still considering that winter house in Weymouth though...the coast is certainly where it's at for snow.  None of this "up and in" crap.  The next 5 years will tell me where I want to winter, lol.

Just got back from MT. Vernon Maine.  Missed 9 out of the 10 in  a row  90 degree temps at BDL just across the river.  Hottest temp I hit was 89 and most of the vacation was in the low to mid 80s with a beautiful lake to jump in whenever I got a bit too hot.  I definitely feel like I cheated summer and dodged her best punch and saved some money on AC usage.

Archived