joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern discussion

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually see a solidly above normal month thanks to 7/10-31.

Normal is +.1 to +.3 F in a pre-GW holocaust.  

Completely OT:   ...You know... humanity is a tragic comedy ... I only hope that interloping super -advanced interstellar species can one day happen by our human-defunct corpse of a world in so many hundred years, and see and make understanding of our plight, just for the shear hilarity of it all...   Human kind is currently standing on the proverbial train tracks with an errant ecological/climate freight train barreling at them, and they are busily arguing over the "paramount" issue of Wall Street regulations and the price of oil. 

nice -

Normal is +.1 to +.3 F in a pre-GW holocaust.  

Completely OT:   ...You know... humanity is a tragic comedy ... I only hope that interloping super -advanced interstellar species can one day happen by our human-defunct corpse of a world in so many hundred years, and see and make understanding of our plight, just for the shear hilarity of it all...   Human kind is currently standing on the proverbial train tracks with an errant ecological/climate freight train barreling at them, and they are busily arguing over the "paramount" issue of Wall Street regulations and the price of oil. 

nice -

Well if Trump gets elected then get ready to hear Mother Nature screech in pain as our very climate safeguards could be dismantled in favor of big oil companies throwing more darts at our planet. 

Ridge in the west, trough in the east. I don't see a big hemispheric change in that signal through the first 10 days of July it seems. Now there will be times of warmer and more humid weather like today and tomorrow...but we aren't getting prolonged 90s with that hemispheric look IMO.

Ridge in the west, trough in the east. I don't see a big hemispheric change in that signal through the first 10 days of July it seems. Now there will be times of warmer and more humid weather like today and tomorrow...but we aren't getting prolonged 90s with that hemispheric look IMO.

Sort of 2/3rds agree :)

seriously the GEFs derivatives would have us believe this remarkable stretch of temperate conditions changes about July 6-10th.

so that's 'most' of your times span.  

the obvious caveats to that prognosis are:  

one ...that's just the GEFs;  there are other ensemble means (GGEM, Euro ..etc).  I don't ever get to see hard graphical depictions of those other's - though I'm sure they exist for a handsome wage (dycks).  Never the mind, typically the GEFs do alright just using them and considering climate together with some 20 or 30% margin for errors - that still get's you above median skill for the extended when using the nightly's from CPC and CDC.

two ...not always though.  we passed through one of those prior to memorial day weekend and got a single afternoon of heat out of the deal.  perhaps this would be the same...  but the PNA is squarely in its correlation breakdown time of year, and the typically most summer-time telling NAO is flipped demonstratively positive for the first 10 days of the month.  if heights don't rise in the east, that's actually the less likely result.  in 1993-1994's winter, a +100,001 NAO became so dominant it actually lowered heights as a backed hemispheric event -weird, kind of like a statistical inversion scheme.  not sure if that's even possible in summer, as it would require very long R-wave length...   

Sort of 2/3rds agree :)

seriously the GEFs derivatives would have us believe this remarkable stretch of temperate conditions changes about July 6-10th.

so that's 'most' of your times span.  

the obvious caveats to that prognosis are:  

one ...that's just the GEFs;  there are other ensemble means (GGEM, Euro ..etc).  I don't ever get to see hard graphical depictions of those other's - though I'm sure they exist for a handsome wage (dycks).  Never the mind, typically the GEFs do alright just using them and considering climate together with some 20 or 30% margin for errors - that still get's you above median skill for the extended when using the nightly's from CPC and CDC.

two ...not always though.  we passed through one of those prior to memorial day weekend and got a single afternoon of heat out of the deal.  perhaps this would be the same...  but the PNA is squarely in its correlation breakdown time of year, and the typically most summer-time telling NAO is flipped demonstratively positive for the first 10 days of the month.  if heights don't rise in the east, that's actually the less likely result.  in 1993-1994's winter, a +100,001 NAO became so dominant it actually lowered heights as a backed hemispheric event -weird, kind of like a statistical inversion scheme.  not sure if that's even possible in summer, as it would require very long R-wave length...   

Yeah I tried to stress that caveat by talking about warm or even hot weather for a day or two. That can happen if you get one of these 576 plumes to break off and come over the top. I just mean that with the overall ridge in the Rockies, trough in the east...I find it hard to sustain big heat and dews for a prolonged period of time. Now eventually as Nina tries to assert itself..one would think the reflection at H5 may change and send the heat east at some point. Also, we are coming to the climo peak temps. One would expect temps to naturally be pretty warm anyways. 

I see where this is going. Everyone is dismissing it. I am sure the Euro Ops is completely out to lunch. The seasonal tenor per Tip seems to be a permanent fixture. I would dismiss the Euro on this phantom heat!!! Not being fooled!!!!

No prolonged heat until Summer 2020  :violin:

meh yesterday and today was supposed to be big heat days. Probably a 85_90 day before yet another Fropa

Well the difference being a trough will move SE into BC and help break off a piece of heat. Potentially. I have my flags out too...but potential is there for a day or two. 

Is that our first Euro fantasy heat dome of the season? It usually has several +22 to +24C 850 outbreaks in the D8-10 range every summer...but I don't recall one before today's day 10 run.

Nah... three of them...  There was one way back there in May of all months.  It was the most suspect of them all ... it was like 50 and BD air mass to mid 90's back to 60 in NWS gales with a snow in maritimes with unrealistic wave lengths and gradients.  ..not really a "dome" in the spirit of what that means, but it was a D9 sonoran ejection... 

This one on the Euro "might" have legs - there's ensemble support.  But obviously... only an addict would gamble on 22 to 24 C at this range. 

Nah... three of them... There was one way back there in May of all months. It was the most suspect of them all ... it was like 50 and BD air mass to mid 90's back to 60 in NWS gales with a snow in maritimes with unrealistic wave lengths and gradients. ..not really a "dome" in the spirit of what that means, but it was a D9 sonoran ejection...

This one on the Euro "might" have legs - there's ensemble support. But obviously... only an addict would gamble on 22 to 24 C at this range.

eps support? no

Archived