joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 9-11 Severe/Heavy Rain Threats

Hoosier

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CLE saying that cap might hold everything back, in a "boom or bust" type scenario. But looking at HRRR H7 is 7-8°C and CIN is negative around 18z. With 2 kJ/kg of CAPE and dew pt's in upper 60's wouldn't there be enough to start something going? Probably short lived as others have said but at least its something.

Lower Great Lakes back to marginal risk. Like I said, it is just weird how few slight risks have even existed around there.

Only 4 counties in Lower Michigan have been in a watch all season. I would imagine that has to be just about a record low number for June 11th. Not sure I see that changing particularly soon, either.

It is what it is, considering how the last few summers have gone though it would be nice to have some severe before August.

I've never been this bored with the weather here as I have in the last two years. If this is the new normal, my interest will likely wane.

It is what it is, considering how the last few summers have gone though it would be nice to have some severe before August.

I know it's asking too much for consistent severe in Michigan, but man, unless 2016 turns around in a hurry, it'll be a long stretch of quiet seasons since 2010. 2013 was pretty good, and 2011 had a couple of high points...but otherwise, yikes.

I know it's asking too much for consistent severe in Michigan, but man, unless 2016 turns around in a hurry, it'll be a long stretch of quiet seasons since 2010. 2013 was pretty good, and 2011 had a couple of high points...but otherwise, yikes.

2012 was active.

July 4th-5th, 2012 was one of the most prolific severe weather event we've seen in the past 10 years.

Can't disagree as far as the bolded.

But again, it is what it is. Until we can finally get into a pattern that will allow legitimate death ridges to set up over the region, expectations should be kept in check.

Archived