joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 4-5 2016 Rain and Storms Obs and Discussion

MN Transplant

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see the split on radar. Might catch a little something, but looks like my area is getting into the ol' summer groove after well over 6" in May. 0.00" in the bucket for this 2 day "event" thus far. Severe threats are so totally awesome to track in these parts.

SPC reports map has a nice swath of wind damage along the Mason Dixon line.    The hi-res guidance was definitely focusing on that area.

Nothing major in my backyard, pool furniture blew over and had a potted plant that was snapped at the stem. Some larger branches down further up the road.

a couple of reports are within a couple miles of Parkton, which I think is your general area, but they are of the dubious "single tree down" variety.   The reports further east and especially east-northeast seem more robust.

Nothing major in my backyard, pool furniture blew over and had a potted plant that was snapped at the stem. Some larger branches down further up the road.

I can see the split on radar. Might catch a little something, but looks like my area is getting into the ol' summer groove after well over 6" in May. 0.00" in the bucket for this 2 day "event" thus far. Severe threats are so totally awesome to track in these parts.

Yeah I could see the classic SoMD screwjob coming hours ahead of time on radar- so much for my 100% chance of severe storms. 0.01" LOL

I hope we're not starting a repeat of last year IMBY (i.e. huge rain month followed by bust after bust as we get later into summer). I finally got my grass back to normal!

a couple of reports are within a couple miles of Parkton, which I think is your general area, but they are of the dubious "single tree down" variety.   The reports further east and especially east-northeast seem more robust.

One of the reports, about a tree down on Stablers Church Road at Stablers Court, I can confirm was correct. I travel that road in the morning to take the kiddo to daycare, and there was a 6-8" diameter tree cut up along the side of the road. All sorts of smaller branches on the road. 

It could very well have been a large branch from a bigger tree, but I didn't see a tree missing a limb. 

Thanks for the confirmation.   Chinook posted a nice reports map in the Spring Severe Weather Chatter thread.   You were in a good spot yesterday.

One of the reports, about a tree down on Stablers Church Road at Stablers Court, I can confirm was correct. I travel that road in the morning to take the kiddo to daycare, and there was a 6-8" diameter tree cut up along the side of the road. All sorts of smaller branches on the road. 

It could very well have been a large branch from a bigger tree, but I didn't see a tree missing a limb. 

Thanks for the confirmation.   Chinook posted a nice reports map in the Spring Severe Weather Chatter thread.   You were in a good spot yesterday.

You're welcome. And yeah, seems my area (and those east/west of me) did pretty well. Wish there could have been more T&L with the line as it came through, but I won't complain too much. Had a nice shelf cloud, picked up some decent rain, and no major damage on my property. 

Archived