joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer/Early Fall 16 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see you haven't lost your sense of humor Pamela. Good to see you're not 6 feet under. As you well know, at your advanced age, you may lose your looks, your talents, your friends and family, but the personality will always remain. Is the plan still to move out to the Mid-west, or will you continue to grace us with your presence in the northeast, elitist contingent? 

4 hours ago, Pamela said:

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”
___Lovecraft

He lived several blocks from me in a than boarding house, 169 Clinton St. He soured on the city and summarized his feelings in his short story The Horror At Red Hook. The famed Stephen Hawking even mentioned Cthulhu in one of his lectures.

Pamela I will be in contact, J.D.

52 minutes ago, Pamela said:
"Show me a "reasonable person" and I will show you an entity whose depth of curiosity and breadth of knowledge could be bound within the constraints of a thimble; a being whose dreams are trite and uninspiring; in short I will show you inertia incarnate."
___Pammy

Non,.  

4 hours ago, Pamela said:

All the leaves are brown and the sky is gray.
I've been for a walk on a winter's day.
I'd be safe and warm if I was in L.A.;
California dreamin' on such a winter's day.

Stopped in to a church I passed along the way.
Well I got down on my knees and I pretend to pray.
You know the preacher liked the cold;
He knows I'm gonna stay.

All the leaves are brown and the sky is gray.
I've been for a walk on a winter's day.
If I didn't tell her I could leave today;

this song became #1 in NYC on March 15th, 1966...

http://www.musicradio77.com/Surveys/1966/surveymar1566.html

Elusive Butterfly - Bob Lind...a great song and being 50 years ago is scary...

56 minutes ago, uncle W said:

Windy became #1 on July 5th, 1967 beating out my man Frankie Valli...the drug songs were creeping in at that time...I thought Windy was a drug not a girl but I could be wrong...

Hmm never thought about it that way. But it was just about a fictitious girl

"There are many explanations of who Windy actually was in Ruthann's life. She would have you know, she being me, Ruthann Friedman, that none of them are true. Windy was indeed a female and purely a fictitious character who popped into my head one fine day in 1967...

During the recording session the Association members, sure that they were in the middle of recording a hit, called the song writer, me again, in to sing on the fade at the end. I can be heard singing a blues harmony as the song fades out...

21 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Hmm never thought about it that way. But it was just about a fictitious girl

"There are many explanations of who Windy actually was in Ruthann's life. She would have you know, she being me, Ruthann Friedman, that none of them are true. Windy was indeed a female and purely a fictitious character who popped into my head one fine day in 1967...

During the recording session the Association members, sure that they were in the middle of recording a hit, called the song writer, me again, in to sing on the fade at the end. I can be heard singing a blues harmony as the song fades out...

I thought the title of this song was Mindy, LOL

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived