SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer/Early Fall 16 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope this blocking sticks around a few more weeks. I'm getting married July 3rd and the ceremony is outside. Hoping it's not a scorcher.

Congratulations, my daughter married on the 3rd, eight years ago. The ceremony and reception were held in the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. Yes, regarding the weather, I was praying.

Best of luck for you and your life partner.

Brooklyn for the Summer. Then it'll probably on to somewhere in Upper Manhattan or the Bronx, depending on where I get a job.

Nice man! Look into NE Queens as well. More suburban and better spot for snow then Manhattan and certainly Brooklyn.

Bayside, Whitestone, N. Flushing, Little Neck, Douglaston are all nice areas of NYC.

Good luck.

Nice man! Look into NE Queens as well. More suburban and better spot for snow then Manhattan and certainly Brooklyn.

Bayside, Whitestone, N. Flushing, Little Neck, Douglaston are all nice areas of NYC.

Good luck.

Yeah and northern parts of the bx is good too. I would suggest bayside tho

Good luck.

Queens will be tough. Because of the area of my assignment for my program, UM/Bx is where I can accept jobs no question. Queens/Bk would need permission.

Queens will be tough. Because of the area of my assignment for my program, UM/Bx is where I can accept jobs no question. Queens/Bk would need permission.

NE Queens is 2 miles from the Bronx. I can walk to the Whitestone and Throggs Neck Bridges from my house.

today and tonight could be the coolest day of the month...low to mid 50's are possible?...but it won't be a record cool spell in Central Park...from 1972 to 1980 three years had minimums in the upper 40's with two years having two days...2000 was 49 on 6/7...

6/09/1980...47...record low...

6/10/1972...49...at midnight...tied record...

6/11/1972...46...two record lows set at midnight...

6/11/1980...49

6/12/1979...48...record low...

If you will be looking for a rental... I have two apartments available starting this Summer/Fall in Queens... Maspeth. It is an elevated part of Queens (Ridgewood Plateau ... ~150-200 ft elevation)... Great views of Manhattan, Triborough (RFK) Bridge, Throgs Neck, as well as Citi Field from the apartments. It is a private house in a residential neighborhood, very scenic and great views along all directions... a weather hobbyist's paradise for those in the area. If you are interested, let me know. I don't frequent this board much (long time lurker, infrequent poster), but a tenant with a similar eye for the sky would be welcoming. One of the apartments is a studio ~$700/mo. The other is a 2 bedroom with a balcony and backyard ~$1900. Optional private garage and only five minutes from the LIRR (Woodside) and 7 train, or 20 minute drive into Bronx, UWS. Don't intend this to be a rental ad, but if you have prospects of moving and looking to rent, this is a fine location.

If you will be looking for a rental... I have two apartments available starting this Summer/Fall in Queens... Maspeth. It is an elevated part of Queens (Ridgewood Plateau ... ~150-200 ft elevation)... Great views of Manhattan, Triborough (RFK) Bridge, Throgs Neck, as well as Citi Field from the apartments. It is a private house in a residential neighborhood, very scenic and great views along all directions... a weather hobbyist's paradise for those in the area. If you are interested, let me know. I don't frequent this board much (long time lurker, infrequent poster), but a tenant with a similar eye for the sky would be welcoming. One of the apartments is a studio ~$700/mo. The other is a 2 bedroom with a balcony and backyard ~$1900. Optional private garage and only five minutes from the LIRR (Woodside) and 7 train, or 20 minute drive into Bronx, UWS. Don't intend this to be a rental ad, but if you have prospects of moving and looking to rent, this is a fine location.

I'm actually in ridgewood right now working on a building lol

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived