Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2016 Obs/Disc

mappy

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the first time in 3 weeks, no cookouts planned for this weekend.  Figures.

My niece is getting married - outdoors - on June 25.  Mark my words:  you can guarantee that weekend will be hellishly hot, just like the last 3.

It could be a blast furnace of course but there is really nothing showing big heat at all for the next 10 days or even longer. This weekend through late next week looks pretty nice in the temp department. UL pattern in general would favor frequent breaks from brief hot stretches. We'll get a ridge planted in the east at some point. We always do. Just no signs of it yet.  

It could be a blast furnace of course but there is really nothing showing big heat at all for the next 10 days or even longer. This weekend through late next week looks pretty nice in the temp department. UL pattern in general would favor frequent breaks from brief hot stretches. We'll get a ridge planted in the east at some point. We always do. Just no signs of it yet.  

Doubtful.  We haven't had big heat since 2012 so maybe next summer.

Doubtful.  We haven't had big heat since 2012 so maybe next summer.

Yea, I wasn't implying a big heat ridge. Just that we'll get into a 2 week groove of warm sticky nights and humid highs in the 90's. Upper 90's low 100's? Probably not unless things reshuffle over the next 8 weeks. Once we get into late August it takes a really impressive pattern to hit 100. 

That sounds encouraging at least.

Latest Euro and Nam really paint alot of rain especially overnight Thursday with the 2nd vort coming through. Both have 5 inch lollies in parts of the area .

Nice, but I'd rather see a widespread 5-7" of rain.  It's been so dry lately this probably won't lead to anything interesting.

Actually, the longest day is a few days before the summer solstice. :weenie:

Don't think so Mitch.

It's true that the earliest sunrise happens a few days prior to the solstice, but the latest sunset happens after the solstice.

The longest day, sunlight hours, is going to come on the day of the solstice. This year that's June 20 I believe.

Actually, the longest day is a few days before the summer solstice.  :weenie:

Don't think so Mitch.

It's true that the earliest sunrise happens a few days prior to the solstice, but the latest sunset happens after the solstice.

The longest day, sunlight hours, is going to come on the day of the solstice. This year that's June 20 I believe.

That is what I thought. Now a couple days ago was the earliest sunrise.....maybe that is what he meant.

Not sure how the longest daylight would not occur on the equinox. :unsure:

Welp, I got nothing out of that first round.  Gonna have to drag the garden hose around this morning as the flower beds are parched and cracked.  Germantown starting to do its summer thing - I would not be surprised to see us get shut out from tonight's rain chance too.

For as much as rain forecasts have bust this month, I expect to get shut out, too.

Welp, I got nothing out of that first round. Gonna have to drag the garden hose around this morning as the flower beds are parched and cracked. Germantown starting to do its summer thing - I would not be surprised to see us get shut out from tonight's rain chance too.

Same in Clarksburg. We keep getting grazed. 4 rounds since last night and only 0.04" so far.

Same in Clarksburg. We keep getting grazed. 4 rounds since last night and only 0.04" so far.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm fearing 0.00 tonight.  I'll wait til about 6pm or so, then I'll set up the sprinklers for the butterfly/hummingbird gardens.

Whatever though - the weekend is looking awesome!  82 now with sun in and out.

Archived