SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2016 Obs/Disc

mappy

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heat fetish folks are looking to get their first real fix next week. Still a bit out in time but ens have been agreeing for a couple days that we may get a stretch of 90's starting tues-wed next week.

June has been so tame in the temp dept that Idgaf. We're down to a 60 day window before continental air becomes easier to punch down. 90 days before trees start changing color in WV. Lol

Different world out here.  I don't think of June as being tame.  I've got 5 90s this month and many more upper 80s.  KOKV is running +2.3F for highs, and +1.3F for lows (per Accuwx records).  Given that most seasonal forecasts brought the heat in July and August, I think we are off to a bad start.  A decent holiday weekend would make me feel better about it.  That and some rain.

Heat fetish folks are looking to get their first real fix next week. Still a bit out in time but ens have been agreeing for a couple days that we may get a stretch of 90's starting tues-wed next week.

June has been so tame in the temp dept that Idgaf. We're down to a 60 day window before continental air becomes easier to punch down. 90 days before trees start changing color in WV. Lol

I'm never in search of big heat, but heat has never really bothered me that much. If it's unrelenting like the summers of 2010-2012, then that's another story altogether.

Of course, my opinion about heat might change now that I wear a suit to work in DC four days a week and don't make the trek in the comfort of my car's AC. :lol:

I agree on being able to accept heat now that June's been pretty docile overall. If the heat ramps up in May or June, it gets pretty old once you hit the middle of July (I feel the same about cold in winter). I'm in no rush to see the end of summer, though, so I don't want to think about cool continental air and leaves changing (and less sunlight)!

I love it when Accuwx long-range extends into September and shows the cooler temps.  It's my saving grace during the dog-days of summer.

Sept. 27 shows sunny skies, high 69F and low 49F.   :thumbsup:

2 months until Octoberfest.   :)

pssst.   There's a July thread now.    :pimp:

Some light rain falling. Currently 79/71.

It doesn't matter the day, every time there is a line of storms forming in the west, you can project the track and look upstream to find a complete lack of activity.  Every stinking time.

Archived