SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2016 Obs/Disc

mappy

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be sure to check out my new movie I'm making.  It's called 'Dropless in Stephens City'.

I left work in Middletown with a cell brewing to the south which started dropping rain just between Middletown and Stephens City...not much, but at least something.... 1/2 mile from my house I drove out of it into brilliant, asphalt-melting sunshine.  Kept heading north on my way to the gym, for leg day in a summer inferno, and met the aftermath of t-storm downpours less than 1 mile north of my house.  Crawled out of the gym 2 hours later and came home to a cloudless steam-bath.

90 / 74 today, and still can't get a drop of rain while the region again gets poured on.  Let me be perfectly clear; there is no place east of the Mississippi drier than this ****ing place.  None.  If there is a hell, surely it is this place.

Everyone on my mom's facebook feed is saying there was a small tornado in Stafford lol. I was out and watched the storm from across the Rappahannock river, and I saw a pretty defined rainshaft which I guess could have been a microburst. There was also a lot of scud. Definitely didn't see any noticeable rotation though.

If I was that close to even an EF-0 tornado and had no idea I'm going to be piisssed. 5b373a2e.gif

I'm moving somewhere. Got the OK to look at both Highland Co. (VA) and Garret Co. Time is constrained until December, but have began putting feelers out for employment nearest by each. Plan on starting scouting trips late-summer and early fall. Wife is already looking online at real estate and investigating positions with school systems. She'd prefer SW VA, and while I like Roanoke / BBurg/ Bedford areas, I just can't bring myself to move that far south. Just can't stomach a higher winter sun-angle. I don't expect it to be quick or easy, but am hopeful that I can be out of here before next summer, before I go completely insane.

You move to Roanoke looking for snow and you're gonna be massively disappointed.

Blacksburg at least gets orographic snow.

Dale City got waterboarded TWICE, one storm hit us around 630pm then another at 855. The later storm had a ton of dangerous lightning and it poured torrential rain for at least an hour. I may have gotten three inches, in addition to one inch last night.

My birthday month is January and it would be nice to think that the weather gods will let me beat you in the snow department since they gave you yesterday's storms, but we both know that ain't happening. ;)

:lol: I'll allow it for a rocking February Hereford zone north :P

Archived