Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2016 Obs/Disc

mappy

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At 9.46 for the month, I'm low compared to a few stations just south and west, most of them in the 11-13 range.

BTW, raining again right now.

NPZ, you could always move in this direction.

I'm moving somewhere.  Got the OK to look at both Highland Co. (VA) and Garret Co.  Time is constrained until December, but have began putting feelers out for employment nearest by each.  Plan on starting scouting trips late-summer and early fall.  Wife is already looking online at real estate and investigating positions with school systems.  She'd prefer SW VA, and while I like Roanoke / BBurg/ Bedford areas, I just can't bring myself to move that far south.  Just can't stomach a higher winter sun-angle.  I don't expect it to be quick or easy, but am hopeful that I can be out of here before next summer, before I go completely insane. 

Probably from the sunny, 86F / 73F air sitting over me.

LOL.

I'm sure you know, but Highland is EXTREMELY rural. Jobs sorta hard to come by up that way so you'd be doing commuting. 

Lewisburg is a nice town with something going on all the time, they get wide range of weather and run 3-4 degrees colder than me on average. Course traffic at golf and fair time is ridiculous, but that is only two weeks a year.

Happy birthday, Katie! Hope you get a thunderstorm this afternoon :)

Happy birthday, Mappy.

Sun starting to break out finally. Temp up to 80.

Thanks guys!  -- it was actually yesterday, but birthday lasts all week, right? :) 

Archived