Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2016 Obs/Disc

mappy

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need your radarscope location so that I can always look to see what kind of precip is over your area lol.

Did you know that you were moving to the desert?

Just go to the storm total radar on NWS. He lives in the rain free zone of southern Frederick Co.

Meanwhile up in the northern part of the county we are around 2" on that same graphic and I can promise you that's on the low end.

I need your radarscope location so that I can always look to see what kind of precip is over your area lol.

He's got me convenience that it really is horrible there lol. The place is a wasteland. I bet he got crushed during the blizzard last winter. He's got the spot during during the winter months. We get white rain while he gets buried in powder.

2.10" for the day. I ended up getting bullseyed today. I'm glad the bigger hail missed me by a couple miles. My plants don't like hail.

No.  I could never have imagined such a localized area with such a drastic, consistent lack of precip and clouds.  There is nothing geographical or topographical that would explain it.  I'm the same elevation as Winchester, 300 ft. higher than Martinsburg, etc, each has mountains to the west....

Knowing then what I know now, I wouldn't have moved here even if the house was free.

He's got me convenience that it really is horrible there lol. The place is a wasteland. I bet he got crushed during the blizzard last winter. He's got the spot during during the winter months. We get white rain while he gets buried in powder.

2.10" for the day. I ended up getting bullseyed today. I'm glad the bigger hail missed me by a couple miles. My plants don't like hail.

Can't complain with a 28" snow, but 6 miles to my north was 36 - 40 inches (Winchester, Fred. Co.) and 6 miles to my east was 35 inches (Berryville).  I'd bet money that Rockville, MD, has totaled more snow than me all 6 winters I've been here, except 2013 (the only true I-81 winter).

Sounds like you did well today.  

Archived