Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
A June Obs Thread

NWNC2015

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several outflow boundaries dancing around the Triangle area. Wonder if anything will fire up along them. Can hear thunder from the storm down around Princeton.

Finally called one right.

As of 830 PM Friday...The threat of pulse type convection (below severe limits) hasbegun to tail off in most of the region as of mid-evening,especially in all but the immediate Triangle area. This is whereseveral outflow boundaries were merging near RDU to near Louisburg. It appears that the region extending from Durham to Henderson andsouth to the Raleigh area will have the best chance of convectionfor one or two more hours before this cluster of storms hits theskids as well. The outflow boundary also extends from Durhamwestward to southern Alamance County as well where newshowers/storms may develop and move east-southeast. 

Can see lots  of lightning and hear an occasional rumble. Another cluster has formed to the SW of the initial one.

Dry as a bone and hit 91 today

Mack, even though I live only about 25 miles from you I would swear we are on different planets. To read your posts I would think you are living in Death Valley. I can honestly say that I have had more rain over the past 18 months that any period I can remember in my lifetime. Last year was nothing but 3 in rain followed by 5 in rain followed by 2 in rain followed by 6 in rain followed by 1 in rain followed by 4 in rain... This year has been closer to normal but I have still had above normal and would LOVE a period of below normal rain for a few weeks. 

As for heat, GSP reached 90 today for the first time this year. Looks like we'll be right around that again tomorrow but back down a notch or two after. CAE reached 94 for the 3rd straight day and has reached 90,12 times already. 

Its hot and muggy and I got a 6pm wedding that is outside I am suppose to go to....my wife is in the wedding party and is over there already and the bride is crying since there is no indoor option...the tent was suppose to have side walls and it doesnt and HRRR/NAM4K says 3-9pm is gonna be stormy here like yesterday.

Storms be a poppin'

Just a tiny bit unstable out there lol...if there was any shear out there it would be a heck of a afternoon

and I cant attach any images which sucks but scape is 4000-4500, mcape is over 3000 and LI are -5 to -7 most everywhere in central and eastern NC 

Parts of Wake getting dumped on. heavy rain already in the eastern half of the Co, and 1-2" more expected. Don't know why JoCo was included in the warning as far as all the way down to us, and 16 more miles to our East. Storm never crossed over the Co line.

CkJNcBNWYAA3k71.jpg
0 retweets 0 likes

If there was a record for how many pea size hails storms you could get in one day I think I hit it. A week or two of dry weather would be nice.

And some of us could use another 2-3 inches of rain. Not everyone is getting hit, despite what some on here think.

Haha. So I take it you are in the Columbia area?

The hot, humid, and dry thing is real here lol.

I went out to dinner with family and they left their windows all the way down for their car. I said there was a chance of rain and they laughed me off. Dry as a bone. 

:lol:  Yes...the portals are real.....very real   :lol:      I usually laugh when someone mentions rain chances too....lol.  I'm about 15 miles(as the crow flies) southwest of CAE.  Stoopid portals   :( 

Parts of Wake getting dumped on. heavy rain already in the eastern half of the Co, and 1-2" more expected. Don't know why JoCo was included in the warning as far as all the way down to us, and 16 more miles to our East. Storm never crossed over the Co line.

CkJNcBNWYAA3k71.jpg

0 retweets 0 likes

All the storms today have been either moving north to the east or west of me.

Archived