joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a silly question. Why do some people refer to noon as " high noon" ? It can't be because of the sun being at it's highest point in the sky. The sun doesn't reach its highest point here until almost 2pm today. So I was just curious.

Before standardized time it was when the sun crossed the meridian. As you noted, that no longer applies as noon is usually not close to that time.  Now it is sometimes used as meaning the culmination of something. 

Unless we get a major shakeup in the weather pattern, I'm afraid this summer will end up very similar to 2007. Mid to upper 90s forecast almost every day through the 15th. This could get ugly. Its a good thing we got all the rain we did in the winter because we'd be in an exceptional drought for sure by now.

Nice man! That's awsome! Glad you are with us! I hope life is well and everything is going good. I was just thinking it's been a long time since iv seen you post. Also congrates on the move!

Thanks man. Yeah I took a break for a few years and with work i just couldnt keep up. Im glad to be out of the mid atlantic but truly looking to spend a lot of time in WNC. Life is good now that I am here and happy. Just looking for work now. Thanks for the welcome again and see you around the neighborhood here :thumbsup:

Thanks man. Yeah I took a break for a few years and with work i just couldnt keep up. Im glad to be out of the mid atlantic but truly looking to spend a lot of time in WNC. Life is good now that I am here and happy. Just looking for work now. Thanks for the welcome again and see you around the neighborhood here :thumbsup:

Yes sir! If you are ever around the Asheville area then message me man. Would love to meet you and get some grub.

Congrats Jon!

Me and the wife are in Charleston, SC for the weekend. We passed through one of the portals in Columbia on the way here! Lol

We can't wait to go and explore the town and beaches tomorrow. Neither of us have visited here before. We are looking for a nice restaurant if anyone can suggest something. Something under like 100-150 for two folks for a nice meal and a little wine.

I haven't been on much in a long time. When did you become a Pro Forecaster? Congrats dude....... How much snow for me this coming winter???? lol :snowing:

In April. I'm a weather forecaster for the Airforce in Hickam AFB, Hawaii. Its great.

No snow for you. Just kidding. :lol:

We finally have a named storm in the West PAC to track. I forecast for Korea and Kadena AB in Japan, so this should be a fun few days coming up with these areas looking to get impacted by this typhoon.

In April. I'm a weather forecaster for the Airforce in Hickam AFB, Hawaii. Its great.

No snow for you. Just kidding. :lol:

We finally have a named storm in the West PAC to track. I forecast for Korea and Kadena AB in Japan, so this should be a fun few days coming up with these areas looking to get impacted by this typhoon.

Who knew that the little boy from Waycross would become a forecaster... :P

• jburns locked this topic

Archived