• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

Robert's forecast is verifying. This is a very bad summer for Atlanta. Very dry on the south side especially. Temps are rising. I see precipitation amounts are falling off on all models for next week. Watch the high pressure compression and low soil moisture force the temps up. When will the 105's start showing up? Can't be long.

They have showed up in upstate SC on the 12z GFS, but thankfully in the long range. As for precip, at least in our area in upstate SC, GSP is hinting that tomorrow and Tuesday will be drier than originally thought.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an idea looking for some feedback.

I think the threads would be better based on custom location zones being allowed only to post... together seasonally just for the winter...like GSP/Raleigh being one or by major road boundaries. Columbia being with Wilmington and Peach Tree. Or by elevation/other means. That's just a quick example obviously not set in stone but you catch the jist.

I see why now the Tennessee guys left didn't make much sense being with Florida, Waycross GA, eastern NC, and Myrtle Beach SC. However, I think they made the mistake by creating a region instead of thread permission threads.

I know probably not enough people but it could be a seasonal thing for the winter just take some extensive code. Banter/obs/hurricanes/severe etc would include everyone in the South-East.

I feel like the Tennessee group would have loved to stay if they just had a temporary season threads with western NC BUT also got to chat with the lowland people in less serious threads.

This would create a constant relationship with everyone instead of splitting up and excluding people. Not sure how feasible but likely possible to exclude people from posting in certain threads during the winter...etc.....so many ways to experiment with.

Just an idea looking for some feedback.

I think the threads would be better based on custom location zones being allowed only to post... together seasonally just for the winter...like GSP/Raleigh being one or by major road boundaries. Columbia being with Wilmington and Peach Tree. Or by elevation/other means. That's just a quick example obviously not set in stone but you catch the jist.

I see why now the Tennessee guys left didn't make much sense being with Florida, Waycross GA, eastern NC, and Myrtle Beach SC. However, I think they made the mistake by creating a region instead of thread permission threads.

I know probably not enough people but it could be a seasonal thing for the winter just take some extensive code. Banter/obs/hurricanes/severe etc would include everyone in the South-East.

I feel like the Tennessee group would have loved to stay if they just had a temporary season threads with western NC BUT also got to chat with the lowland people in less serious threads.

This would create a constant relationship with everyone instead of splitting up and excluding people. Not sure how feasible but likely possible to exclude people from posting in certain threads during the winter...etc.....so many ways to experiment with.

No. End of discussion.

• jburns locked this topic

Archived